Khron

I cried about meditation

2 posts in this topic

I've been meditating for 6 to 10 months. I honestly don't know when I started. I did not make a note because I thought it would create too much pressure or give ammo to my ego when I fell off the practice after a ridiculously short amount of time.

Anyway, I've come to enjoy it. I was on the toilet thinking about it and I began to ask myself why I like this shit. I'm not doing anything! And it struck me, I like it because it allows me to be free. No judgment, no expectation, no obligations , I can just be.

I compared that to the rest of my waking hours and I started bawling. Why can't I just leave myself the fuck alone. Why do I insist on torturing myself? It's insanity. I'm literally my own personal terrorist.

Just sharing.

2 hours ago, Khron said:

it allows me to be free. No judgment, no expectation, no obligations , I can just be.

You may have heard the term Bliss before. Well, this is the Bliss that is spoken of.
The Bliss of Being.

2 hours ago, Khron said:

I began to ask myself why I like this shit. I'm not doing anything!

That's the essence of meditation. Abiding in the Self or Self Abidance. Which means to abide or rest in the awareness of your own being.
 Bring this simple "being aware of being" or awareness of being, into your waking hours also and "the insanity" will begin to fall away.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard