Saarah

How Do You Get Someone Out Of Your Head?

7 posts in this topic

Having someone on your mind a lot can elicit a whole other level of emotions and thoughts compared to something like being addicted to work etc.

Im struggling with this at the moment, and I want to be able to tackle it once and for all. Often when someone quite influential to me enters my mind I can get swept away and it's quite draining 

Although I feel happy etc. it feels like I'm not addressing a certain emotion inside me that isn't blatantly obvious to me, but I do believe it has come about as a result of thinking about this person.

I don't think about this person all the time or necessarily very directly, but it's just a subtle creeping in kind of thing. I don't even know if it's the person or just certain ideas or thoughts about other things in life that this person reminds me of 

Is time really the only thing that will heal?  Should I be more mindful, will that by itself work? 

Edited by Saarah
Damn that auto-correct

The easiest way for me to get someone out of my head is to have passion for your own life. I'm so passionate about my business and self-actualization work that thoughts about other people don't even occur to me. It's not that they can't. They just won't because I know what's important.

@aurum yeah, I remember I was so involved in my own stuff then suddenly this person started occupying my thoughts and I let myself feed that

Ive had to stop being involved in that which doesn't concern me and isn't my business and now I'm back into my own again! :) 

@Saarah I know the feeling of draining yourself out. your story is a bit too vague for me to point you into the right direction and leaves space for many possible answers. I can tell you that resisting a thought will increase the tension. like the war on terror created more terror.

22 hours ago, Saarah said:

Having someone on your mind a lot can elicit a whole other level of emotions and thoughts compared to something like being addicted to work etc.

Im struggling with this at the moment, and I want to be able to tackle it once and for all. Often when someone quite influential to me enters my mind I can get swept away and it's quite draining 

Although I feel happy etc. it feels like I'm not addressing a certain emotion inside me that isn't blatantly obvious to me, but I do believe it has come about as a result of thinking about this person.

I don't think about this person all the time or necessarily very directly, but it's just a subtle creeping in kind of thing. I don't even know if it's the person or just certain ideas or thoughts about other things in life that this person reminds me of 

Is time really the only thing that will heal?  Should I be more mindful, will that by itself work? 

when things take root in your consciousness, it creates a problem for you, in the past i have experienced this.  It can get so bad that you cant sleep, it will invade everything you are doing.  The only way i have found to rid yourself of it is you have to focus on something else and you have to do it every time it comes up,  the best way is to record something that is enjoyable, whether it be music or a speaker, but you have to take a few days to work with this, when you let go, it will let go, but as long as you hold on to it, it is going to hold on to you.

The only way to 'get someone out of your head' is to focus your life on something else. You are fixating on this one subject and placing too much value on it. In other words, you are not placing enough value or focussing your attention on other areas of your life. If you are busy creating your own fulfilling life then there isn't time to dwell on these distractions and these things don't hold so much value to you.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

@Andre @FindingPeace @charlie2dogs Thanks guys! Yeah, I sometimes get fixated on a particular thought or series of thoughts and emotions and sometimes I get stopped in my tracks but I stopped serving my thoughts tea and now they're leaving through the back door :) lol!