Juan Cruz Giusto

Meditation For Beginners

2 posts in this topic

Meditation is the single most important self-improvement habit you can have. You still don’t grasp the importance of meditation in your life.

How to meditate? (for beginners)

You need to make a distinction between thinking and awareness. You make this distinction by meditating only. With time, the distinction between thinking and awareness will become sharper and your life will become insanely great.

Meditation is the use of awareness to make the distinction between thinking and awareness.

No Manipulation Technique: Sit, notice and be aware of what is happening in this very moment and try to stick with it. You don’t manipulate your body/posture nor your mind. Let the mind experience what he wants. FOCUS ON THE EXPERIENCE YOU ARE HAVING.

Sounds very simple but it’s quite challenging. The really hard thing to do is to stop manipulating your experience.

How to set the habit?

Start with 20 minutes per day. You have to do it every single day for the rest of your life. No vacations, no holidays, no emergencies.

Warnings

-          Have the expectation that in the first year or more you will suck at meditating.

-          It will be very frustrating in the first year or so. Once you go past this threshold, things will become amazing, but YOU NEED TO STICK WITH IT.

-          You will realize that you cannot control your thoughts, you don’t have this ability and you will not be able to do it in the future.

-          You will have bad days. Remind yourself that is in this days that you are growing the most. It will be an up and down process. You will feel suicidal sometimes but you need to remind yourself that this are the moments you are growing the most.

-          As long as you do it, it counts. What counts in meditation is that you sat down and were aware.

-          The only way to fail is not to do the habit.

-          Keep it simple! Sit down and be aware, that’s it.

By the end of the year, you have to reach to 1 hour a day!

The effects of meditation are beyond description! Leo sold his PS4 and TV because when he sits and do nothing he gets more satisfaction and meaning!

You will discover that the level of happiness you have now will exponentially grow by doing absolutely nothing. You will stop being a slave to all this shit.

Problems will melt away if you really grasp the distinction between thinking and awareness.

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

This idea that you suck at meditationg for a year isn't universally true, at least for me. After I commited to meditating with good technique and did it every day for 30-60 minutes I began having very deep sessions after few months, maybe like 3 months. I also had relatvely good sessions before.