Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jes

Getting Rid Of Toxic Parent

7 posts in this topic

Can i make it a short term goal to make myself free from a toxic parent forever , is this my ego who is clashing against him? the days are coming nearer , I have not taken any action for myself , just practicing present moment and meditation.Is it the same feelings both side, Why i have so much negative vibes from him , why every pleasure moment I visualize during my visualization exercise is without him , i dont want to take an action which is egoish, devilish 

Thinking another encounter with him producing goosebumps , and shivering. relationship especially parents are not meant to be broken ,( common belief of society) 

@jes Strap up to your seat and watch these. If you need to talk, PM me. XO

@jes Hey jes,

I think you need to make some decisions about this problem.  Being practical and making arrangements to get through your exams without this person hurting you any longer. 

Videos and meditation will not make the choices for you.  It's time to think about a plan.

Mal

52 minutes ago, jes said:

Can i make it a short term goal to make myself free from a toxic parent forever , is this my ego who is clashing against him? the days are coming nearer , I have not taken any action for myself , just practicing present moment and meditation.Is it the same feelings both side, Why i have so much negative vibes from him , why every pleasure moment I visualize during my visualization exercise is without him , i dont want to take an action which is egoish, devilish 

Thinking another encounter with him producing goosebumps , and shivering. relationship especially parents are not meant to be broken ,( common belief of society) 

jes i have been taking care of a disabled lady for 22 years, her parents abandoned her, they are very very toxic, and at a point she had to end any relationship with them, even her doctors told her they were toxic people.  there is nothing wrong with moving away from toxic people, including parents, its not your purpose to take the abuse of toxic people, and they will forever be a thorn in your side. its not your job to change or save them, move on with you life and do what you have to do to make it better, more peaceful, and happy, dont let anyone stand in the way of that, your responsibility is to your self first and foremost, dont let anyone make life miserable for you.  you reach your highest potential in life, and you will set an example for other, but you cant do that trying to drag those along behind you.

1 minute ago, charlie2dogs said:

jes i have been taking care of a disabled lady for 22 years, her parents abandoned her, they are very very toxic, and at a point she had to end any relationship with them, even her doctors told her they were toxic people.  there is nothing wrong with moving away from toxic people, including parents, its not your purpose to take the abuse of toxic people, and they will forever be a thorn in your side. its not your job to change or save them, move on with you life and do what you have to do to make it better, more peaceful, and happy, dont let anyone stand in the way of that, your responsibility is to your self first and foremost, dont let anyone make life miserable for you.  you reach your highest potential in life, and you will set an example for other, but you cant do that trying to drag those along behind you.

and never feel guilty for ending a toxic relationship.

I had an argument on phone two days back, I may get a call tomm, I want time to absorb all the feelings, I am crying

1 hour ago, jes said:

Can i make it a short term goal to make myself free from a toxic parent forever , is this my ego who is clashing against him? i dont want to take an action which is egoish, devilish 

Jes,

Nothing wrong with ego.  It's there to do a job, and that job is protection. The ego is not a monster.

@Leo Gura Do you think a qualified counsellor would be appropriate for this site if you're going to take this stuff on?

Edited by Mal