Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abhishaik

Potential Life Purpose

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I wanted your opinions on this potential life purpose that I have thought about through (nearly) completing the life purpose course.

Life purpose: Creating animations to deliver powerful messages and influence popular culture, igniting strong emotions within the audience. 

Zone of genius: Creating animation 

Domain of Mastery: Creating animations with a wise and clear message behind it

Ideal Medium: Social Media and YouTube 

I dreamt this up during one of the life purpose exercises that give you clues and guidance on what your life purpose could be in a tangible fashion.  I don't know much about creating animations however I have a gut feeling that this could be a start and potentially lead me to a route that I will be passionate about.  

The main jest of this life purpose for now is to created animated short stories for YouTube and social media to spread awareness about non-duality sprinkled with stories about social issues, life lessons, modern adaptions of stories based on morality (religious and cultural)

any input on what you think about this and new perspective on how I could  improve this life purpose are welcome! 

Edited by Abhishaik

This is a very compelling life purpose with a lot of promise if done correctly. Its very similar to what I want my work to be about. I am very interested in animation / digital graphics but I previously underestimated the necessity of collaboration & grueling practice that is required but regardless a doable endeavor if you're passionate enough, especially there seem to be limitless possibilities. You can create absolutely anything. 

It seems like this is your 'first draft' of your vision. I would recommend you do further research & 'hon down' specific aspects of your life purpose.

Your life purpose statement seems solid but I think there are many ways you can articulate it that will be more authentic to you. 

Let me give you an example of how I would rephrase the aspects of your LP for more clarity.

Life Purpose Statement: Using my imagination to envision stories with powerful messages, animating them into existence, and sharing it with the world to influence popular culture & ignite strong emotions within the audiences. 

Zone of Genius: Visualization & Spiritual Purification

Domain of Mastery:  Script Writing & Animation Software (a HUGE field you need to research)

Ideal Medium: Social Media, Youtube, TV .etc. 

I don't want to impose any limiting beliefs upon you but I also want you to set some realistic expectations on your journey to actualize your Vision.

Here are some pointers:

1. Great Animations take a great amount of work that takes months & is most often done by teams.

2. You will be required to build skills such as Digital illustrations, 3D modeling & Rendering, color theory etc etc before you can begin to make compelling animations. 

3. Since you're going to be the source of the insights & powerful messages you're going to delivering to the world, you need to take a big leap into consciousness & spiritual purification work. Ultimately... you will need access to infinite intelligence. 

4. Depending on how radical your vision is.. you will need to start thinking about leadership, business & marketing, communications. etc. 

Ultimately, my point is: don't paint with too broad of a brush. It is perfectly fine & essential to have an ambitious vision & at this stage of your discovery of your LP, you're doing well but I personally think you haven't yet discovered deeper intricacies that lie within your most authentic self. Be more clear as to what kinds of messages you're going to be delivering, what kinds of animations you're going to be producing and what kinds of results you're seeking within your own life with your work.  

@Abhishaik Sounds awesome!! It seems like your true passion is in the message and stories, and not in the animation. If you create incredible scripts and storyboards with robust character development, along with ideas of what you want to see visually, animators that read it could be inclined to join in the project and help you create your vision. Otherwise, expect years of training and practice in visual arts to become your own animator.