TheEnigma

How to deal with people lower on the spiral dynamics?

23 posts in this topic

@TheEnigma In terms of dealing with fundamentalist Christians it isn't a problem. They're telling you what they understand, and the source material they're using is good (Bible), so just accept everything they're saying (with due discretion obviously). If the message is love then you can't go wrong because love never fails. If they try to tell you to go to church, well, consider it. Really, it might help, but otherwise, a Christians way of saying no is "I'll pray about it".

On 1/6/2020 at 10:38 AM, Unjigorjigor said:

@TheEnigma In terms of dealing with fundamentalist Christians it isn't a problem. They're telling you what they understand, and the source material they're using is good (Bible), so just accept everything they're saying (with due discretion obviously). If the message is love then you can't go wrong because love never fails. If they try to tell you to go to church, well, consider it. Really, it might help, but otherwise, a Christians way of saying no is "I'll pray about it".

Very very good answer. Its just, I grew up among Chinese Baptist neo converts and they threatened me that I will go to hell if I don't believe in Jesus. Even if I believe in God, it has to be under Jesus because he died for my sins. And if I don't believe in Jesus, it does seem as if I get shunned by many churches. So while going to church might help, it's also too toxic because some of the people can be very preachy and narrow minded. Interesting answer "I'll pray about it." 

You dont "deal", you just talk with them and listen to them and be interested in them.

And B. You dont know if you are "above" someone in SD. You can only see one issue the person externalized (for example - conservativism).

Since SD is stractural based model (and NOT content) you cannot know to what colors and how % of them the person has reached just using his head and his thoughts.

Consevatism for example can hint you a center of gravity of him but you have to be very very careful cause you really dont know enough. He can still have 18% of yellow and 6% of turquoise for example (or even more).

Only violent people or dictatorship leaders are more clear in their location on SD.

Treat everyone as basically equal.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!