unholy

Book reading problem

22 posts in this topic

Are you reading a book that actually interests you? It's hard or perhaps impossible to not remember anything when you're excited about what you're reading. For me not knowing what I've read only happens when I push myself to read something which I don't naturally want to do. I don't think you'll experience much distraction in reading or whatever when you do what you love.

Maybe there could also be usefulness in learning to do things that you rather don't, but I have no mastery or tips with that lol

Edited by Waken

@unholy This is not necessarily a self discipline problem.  Don't be judgmental about yourself.Everyone has a different way of learning things.  Some people can easily stay focused for hours, others can't. Maybe you are not interested about what you are reading. In this case you change to something else and see if that interests you. Notice yourself and see what gets you excited to your authentic self.

Awareness by itself is curative. Now that you are aware you can try different things that feels natural to you. Some tips:

- make a goal to read x number of books per year.

- sign up to Good read. it is a must you can track books you read, wish to read, your progress, connect with readers and authors.( it is facebook for books in short)

- since focusing is an issue you can try audiobooks to start with.

- Use Pomodoro technique ( focus for 25/15 min take 5 min break and do another one)

- have a common place book(notebook, keep or other note taking apps or websites)

- get excited about reading.(Leo's book list are awesome)