from chaos into self

I am not the witness

5 posts in this topic

I am that which is being witnessed. I am the dream. I am self. That’s who I am. I am not infinite, nor absolute. I am being witnessed by consciousness.  I experience what is being observed, I am self. I can guide my consciousness in small moments of free will, but am otherwise fatebound. I am self. 

6 hours ago, skywords said:

@from chaos into self

All of the above in the truth that is change, flow, contrast, right?

I’m not sure what you mean? 

Contrast to me is comparative of objects, identities. Flow is to follow fate with no resistance. Change is similar to the passage of time. 

Edited by from chaos into self

@from chaos into self

OK, good points, strictly speaking.

But since we're talking metaphysics, metacommunication, we are examining and reexamining the meaning of meaning, right?

We are, thus, seeking ever more overarching ways of both perceiving and experiencing the word, based on more inclusive paradigms, right?

So, yes, we can begin with contrast as simply the difference between one identity and another, but if those identities flow into each other, in the endless and eternal passage of time, and if we offer this perpetual transformation no resistance, then we have a new paradigm that includes all three.

Right?

Hence:  Truth = Change = Flow = Time = Eternity = This Now/Moment

Right?

@skywords 

Re-examining the meaning of meaning? That seems a little too deep. Meaning is simple, it is exactly what it is. I guess Leo pushes for nonduality though, which if you look at meaning calls it into question. But it is not the meaning of meaning in question, it is whether or not you bother with the meaning, as well as what meaning you're looking for. In a sense then I guess you're investigating the meaning of meaning, but it is not my message. 

I'm saying that I am self. I am meaning. I am purpose. I am will. That is what I am. What you can be too. But then, it's a different directionality of nonduality than leo is going, because he says you are the watcher and I say I am not that. 

Metaphysics? Metacommunication? I'm saying that there is no substance to that. I am that substance, which is found in physics. My body and my brain are who I am. The experience of consiousness is what I see, and I am what is being seen. At least as long as it remains in my agency, for I am not the floor that holds me here. I don't even have any proof that it exists except its consistency. The consistency of me is who I am, and that is right here this body that I touch. 

You may say, oh but what proof do you have that that is there and I say, yes, that's not the point. I don't suddenly become infinite consiousness because I don't have proof that I exist. I think therefore I am. I am here, now, present in this mind, active in this body. There is nothing more or less to me than my direct experience.