Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chakra Lion

The Struggle of the City Life

2 posts in this topic

Every time I reflect and think about the Career I want to pursue in Life, I just get stuck. And this is not talking about my Life Purpose, which has been set on writing Stories and Poetry, which is something I have worked on for the last 5 years. But becoming a Writer is not a Career I can make Money with right now, and I need to improve my Skills and complete my first Book before it becomes profitable. This requires Time, lots of Time and Energy. Unfortunately, that Time and Energy is used on needing to work a Job that isn't getting me ahead. I don't have a College degree, live in a City, and to stay alive, I have to pay my Heating Bill and fill my Stomach. So my problem is really that I haven't been able to hold down a Job ever since Graduating High School. (I'm 25) I am a great worker, I pride myself on that, but after a few months, I choose to Travel or Move to a new City, which is something my Heart wants to do, and I just follow. It's just that after some time doing the same repetitive work, the same movements, it gets boring, and my heart just can't take it. And that is where I am at again Tonight. 

I've had a new Job for the last 3 weeks, the people are really cool, the work is unique but labor intensive and repetitive, and I was just thinking what else I would want to do. In my Mind I thought about being a Radio Host. How exciting and fun it would be to be a Radio DJ, especially with my love for music and to entertaining. And then I thought about it some more, and imagined all the work I will need to put in to get to that level, just to even get my foot into the door, all the Assistant Jobs. And its not that I wouldn't be great at Marketing, Customer Service, or Selling poop for gold, those things just aren't important to me. Nothing would hurt my Heart more than to Sell Out, only for Money, or for something my Ego wants. And I just haven't discovered a Job that would fulfill me. So maybe what I am doing is fine, since I have my Dreams of Writing. It is just a hard World out there boys n girls, the city is to square for a circle like me. 

I just want to write, and think, and discover deeper truths for myself, to share, and grow. And to live out on the Land, having no Attachments, enjoy my Life with my Wife. Shit, I'd even rather be a nobody, leaving nothing behind to the World, as long as I can be Free.

However, I am Grateful for Every Breath my Body gets. No complaints, just wanted to write and share a story... 

I'd love to hear your struggle with living in the 21st Century. 

Have you achieved to live your Dream?

How are you being held back? 

Edited by Chakra Lion

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

I dont understand your problem.

What takes time from you? Is it the relocation process or finding a new job? Or ist just the time at the job to earn money? How many hours do you work?

Im the one that is holding me back 100%.