Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kubia

Meditation VS Breathwork VS Kriya Yoga

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I've been wondering the whats the fundamental differences in these 3 practice. So here some question for the "advanced" people that have experience with 2 or 3 of them.

• There are "strong" and "weak" point in each of these practice?
  • Are these practice interchangeable?
  • It's better to mix those practice, or specialize in one and go in depth for maximum benefit?
  • What's your favorite, and why?

I know there are a great variety of meditation, and it would be impossible to make a complete list, for convenience you can talk about the modality you have adopted for each "macro category", or the one you use most of the time and your experience.

I've been practicing only with meditation and breathwork, but i'd like to hear your opinion first to see if there is a common ground in confronting those experience. :)  Cheers.

these 3 are all compatible

According to Paramahansa Yogananda in his book God Talks with Arjuna: The Bhagavad Gita, Krishna describes kriya Yoga as:

“By the concentrated practice of Kriya Yoga pranayama—offering the inhaling breath into the exhaling breath (prana into apana) and offering the exhaling breath into the inhaling breath (apana into prana) —the yogi neutralizes these two life currents and their resulting mutations of decay and growth, the causative agents of breath and heart action and concomitant body consciousness. By recharging the blood and cells with life energy that has been distilled from breath and reinforced with the pure spiritualized life force in the spine and brain, the Kriya Yogi stops bodily decay, thereby quieting the breath and heart by rendering their purifying actions unnecessary. The yogi thus attains conscious life-force control.”