Vaishnavi

homeostasis of criticism; democracy and voting

2 posts in this topic

it's as if the media and a particular section of society has a set homeostasis of criticising the government regardless of what they do, choosing to see only one side of the picture, completely ignoring the context and want(ing) the country to run in black and white mediums. 

my friend shared an instagram post which condemned some of the recently passed bills of the Indian Government. 

The criticism of the post clearly ignores the bright side of the bills. I'm not a BJP fan but these bills have great value to them if seen from a bigger picture perspective.

For instance, it was important to do away with Article 370 in India which was otherwise leading to separatist mindset and was fueling vandalism and militant activities at large in kashmir. Or the controversial Citizenship amendment bill has a good side to it too (Since it allows non muslim refugees from the 3 countries with Islam as the official religion so the muslims don't exactly need protection)

A public post like this (which influences thousands) states that

• most criticism of the common man are outright redundant if seen objectively
  • it serves no purpose. Nothing is actually achieved and the central gov does what it wants to anyway (say passing of the electoral bonds i earlier made a post on. the gov completely over rided the decisions of the RBI and EC, two giant independent bodies of the gov)
  • It's partial, it's biased and sometimes it's not even accurate.
  • Most of all, it completely misses the bigger picture and the challenges with the government.
  • It misses context. 

This also raises the question of whether the common man should be allowed to vote at all since he can be so easily influenced.

Socrates hated the idea of democracy to a good extent saying that the common man can be very easily influenced and lacks the needed knowledge to make conscious decisions. 

Why is she tagging feminism group ?

Article 370 scrap was a good move even though late by 30 years imo as to integrate kashmir which otherwise by giving ration would have not been possible. 

Cab is good move for bjp as it will make sure they will get right votes as muslims never vote for them. And Amit sha presented it briliantly giving citizenship to non muslims saying only coz they are minority in three countries wheras muslims are not. 

I think people are protesting for sake of protesting without even knowing facts. (I also have not studied much) but from what i have read Cab and nrc are different and people are confused and taking it all as one and fear is spread in the minds of indian muslims that they have to leave the country which is not right i think coz cab only matter to people migrating from three countries.

And i hope this all doesnt turn to some riots and all like we see in other countries.

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi