Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nivsch

In Kriya yoga, I supposed to let the breathing be in its natural

3 posts in this topic

Phase - let the body inhale and exhale exactly when he wants to OR to inhale and exhale purposely / in equal phases etc?

I do kriya yoga with a group since the beginning of 2019 (thorugh skype because the teacher lives in india) and she says that the breathing is done purposely. The thing is that she guids us in some phase so i have no choice but to fit myself to the lesson phase. But if listening to my own phase is important, i can be flexible a bit and delay myself a bit after her. I can do that.

Also I think about going to a face to face group (not in skype like i have now). I think skype its not ideal but it still nice.

What do you think?

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@TylerJ thanks ?

Maybe Im wrong but I am always feel when i do yoga that active breathing is not effective in progress me to higher consiousness as letting the natural breathing lead my body motions that this is the really effective way. 

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

"Kriyas" themselves are only preliminary work. You use breath control when practicing Kriyas, as this brings you deep into a state of Pratyahara. After you practice your Kriyas, at the end of the session, you drop the control and meditate. "To slowly melt away in the post-Kriya state, this is the essence" - Panchanon Bhattacharya. If you have a teacher, I would recommend listening to your teacher, not people on an Internet forum, imo.