Maximo Casas

Combining concepts

6 posts in this topic

While watching spiral dynamics Videos, Leo pointed out that there is kind of a balance between progressives and more conservative stages. Then somehow this model of Roger’s Diffusion of Innovation Adoption curve came to my mind (or should I say the aperture I & you experience this life? xD):

Rogers Innovation Adoption Model.png

Rogers Model is about Product or market innovations but fuck that conventional thinking lets cross it with spiral dynamics:

I don’t know if anybody noticed the “correlation” of those models and we can see, that (maybe) the psychic evolution is slowed down and this is made by nature/god/whatever. When we combine Spiral Dynamics with this model, we see that the bigger chunk of blue and orange balances the progressive/innovative chunk I placed turquoise and yellow onto:

Right now as stated by Leo Gura (in the Spiral Dynamics in-depth-but-superficial Videos):

Rogers Innovation Adoption Model with Stages of spiral dynamics.png

We need this slowing down by “lower” stages or else, as Leo said, we would go into big trouble, but staying in the stages  is also big trouble in the long run. So we need to evolve anyway. Life is change. Clinging is just a phase. Temporary illusion.

Here is maybe an funny/interesting thought I encountered while writing this post:

We can shift the stages and get some idea what it was in the past and what is going to be in the future:

“Past”:

Rogers Innovation Adoption Model Past.png

“Future”:

Rogers Innovation Adoption Model - Future.png

Even further “Future”:

Rogers Innovation Adoption Model - Future 2.png

Of course: All credits go to Everett Rogers and the makers of the Spiral Dynamics Model I do not own any of the pictures used.

And: yes I imprinted my name onto the pictures :) #justanotherorangeaspectofme

I like these types of models, yet I’m unclear on something. What does the vertical Y axis represent?

On 4.12.2019 at 4:35 AM, Serotoninluv said:

I like these types of models, yet I’m unclear on something. What does the vertical Y axis represent?

Nothing. That's just a subdivision line.

The lines just indicate the proportions of the model.

21 minutes ago, Maximo Casas said:

Nothing. That's just a subdivision line.

The lines just indicate the proportions of the model.

I’m not asking about all the vertical lines in the graph. I’m not sure what the Y axis represents. E.g. in the first chart 2.5% of what are “early innovators”? 2.5% of the people in a general population?

59 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I’m not asking about all the vertical lines in the graph. I’m not sure what the Y axis represents. E.g. in the first chart 2.5% of what are “early innovators”? 2.5% of the people in a general population?

Yes, exactly. As Leo stated in the spiral dynamics videos that it's estimated that blue is about 40%, orange 30% etc. in the entire world that's why it fits into the other model. 2,5% in general world population.

I like it in terms of developmental stages. We could consider yellow as more “innovative” than Orange, since yellow is at the leading edge of psychotic all development in society. In some contexts, I would consider what is emerging out of yellow to be more innovative than Orange. For example, yellow thinkers may come up with new systemic models to describe climate change that might integrate ecology, economics and social structures. Yet in other contexts, I wouldn’t consider “innovative” sufficient to be considered yellow. For example, someone could design a new video game unlike any that has designed. So it is innovative, yet it could still be an technological orange-level video game designed to get teens addicted and make the developer lots of money. So, I guess it depends on how the term “innovative” is being used.