Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
capriciousduck

Death

3 posts in this topic

I have watched Leo's latest video upload. I have the following doubt.

"To be tortured to reach death is hell. But to normally die is a pinnacle". But how can one normally die physically? without our organs starting to malfunction? Eyes becoming blurred day by day? Without wrinkles on the skin? Isn't that all pain?

5 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

@capriciousduckWhat are you talking about? People die peacefully all the time. In sleep and stuff, and like this at 19:43: 

When I read that Alan Watts died in his sleep, I thought that that was the biggest possible bummer for him. From his speeches one realizes that he had a very deep understanding of life, the ego, spirituality, God etc. He lost the chance to experience death coming, not painfully, let's say from natural causes in old age, lying on his bed. He didn't have the chance to stand there and respond, not react, and go through the whole process, like Socrates did.

8 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

@Kensho It's irrelevant what happens to the body before it dies. Alan Watts got the same death experience like everyone else, once he died.

Why would it matter how the death happens.

That's true but It's an experience that can be lived as a human being and with a certain kind of consciousness, maybe the ultimate experience. He didn't lived through it as Alan Watts.