chris_crunch

Morning Ritual: Yoga

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to develop a productive morning routine, but I'm not sure what works best! Here it is currently:

-Wake up at 5am

-Wash face/change

-Quick phone call with accountability partner outside

-Jump on mini trampoline (usually no more than 30 seconds)

-Have a glass of filtered water

-Put breakfast on the hob, cook (usually takes 30 minutes)

-Visualization, reconditioning the mind (5 minutes)

Now at this point, I would like to add a yoga routine. Possibly also meditation, although I do that in the evening.  For those who do yoga, what do you find the optimum time to be, and what routines do you follow? I am a complete beginner at yoga, so not really sure how to do this.

I've gotten into the habit of hitting the gym after work, I seem to like this best. Anything you guys would add/take-out/edit to this routine? Bear in mind that I'm only 20- still trying a lot of things out to see what works best.

21 minutes ago, chris_crunch said:

I'm trying to develop a productive morning routine, but I'm not sure what works best! Here it is currently:

-Wake up at 5am

Thats cool, when do you start work, i usually wake at 6 right now starting work at 9

-Wash face/change

Cold shower every morning! The classic! Once you got used to it you don´t wanna miss it.

-Quick phone call with accountability partner outside

I would recommend to create a telecommunication-free space! No calls/email-checks and the likes in the morning rountine! You can do those later..

-Jump on mini trampoline (usually no more than 30 seconds)

30sec cool.. won´t hurt i guess, you can use it as warm-up, then strech really good 5-10 minutes and then do 2 or 3 yoga expercices if you like to implement a bit more "body" aspect. I think it is great in the morning rountine to involve some kind of pysical aspect!

-Have a glass of filtered water

Make it 2 Big Glasses immediatly when you wake up and then a nice cup of green-tea with lemon after the exercises ... your body needs more water in the morning!!

-Put breakfast on the hob, cook (usually takes 30 minutes)

30minutes for cook + eat? What you eat, when you say cock i guess it is eggs? Try to vary thou ...1day eggs then 1day oatmeal with fruits, then 1day just a green smoothie ...

-Visualization, reconditioning the mind (5 minutes)

I usually always do that before sleep so my brain can soak the affirmations in...works cool for me ...haven´t tried it in the morning, should be good as well i guess...

Now at this point, I would like to add a yoga routine. Possibly also meditation, although I do that in the evening.  For those who do yoga, what do you find the optimum time to be, and what routines do you follow? I am a complete beginner at yoga, so not really sure how to do this.

I do hatha yoga once a week for 90minutes and it is great, im both really destroyed & happy afterwards, book a course...

I've gotten into the habit of hitting the gym after work, I seem to like this best. Anything you guys would add/take-out/edit to this routine? Bear in mind that I'm only 20- still trying a lot of things out to see what works best.

You can add:

+Going for a walk (if you have nature close it is the best)

+brushing your teeth xD 

+Meditation! try 15minutes or 30minutes

If you want to add yoga to your morning routine, it is generally recommended not to do it after you eat or on a full stomach. So in your case, it would be better to do yoga before breakfast.

- 30min workout: jumping jacks, pushups, wallsits, planks, yoga

- Get a juicer and start juicing dark leafy greens and blend with avocado in the morning for breakfast. 

- Meditate for 20min-1hr

- Put on good down tempo music and dance and feel and connect with my body and emotions. 

^This is my morning routine

I do yoga every morning. Its one of the first things I do when I wake up. its such an incredible way to wake up the body and practice mindfulness. Try internet searching a simple "sun salutation" there are different levels for whatever level is right for you. And when it feels right you can add in your own stuff. I really love 'Yoga with Adrienn' she has a YouTube channel. She puts a lot of emphasis on organic movement and finding what feels right and staying present. Hope this helps!

IMG_20160504_122835.jpg

Update: 

Thanks so much for the advice Falk, Elevate, JustinS and ashleigh.

I got the cold for a few days there so I haven't been doing my ritual to get extra sleep. Do you guys think this is wise for a quicker recovery, or should I do it anyway... I think I already know the answer to this :P 

I start work 8, rising up at 5 to do my own stuff. Specifically, I'm going to implement yoga, meditation and cold showers starting tomorrow- I'll let you guys know my progress in a few days!