MusicalPotato

I hate this house.

2 posts in this topic

I am 18 years old with a legal guardian until I am 19, and the legal guardian might try to extend it another year. It really sucks because I was looking forward to turning 18 so I would get rights over myself, guess not.

This guardian doesn't even support me and sent me to live in another state with her ex-boyfriend.

Today, she decided to talk to me over her ex-boyfriend's phone (after blocking me on facebook and denying me any communication with her), to tell me how shitty I am and cuss at me, while I was expected to not say anything and just listen to it. She started getting more aggressive with her cussing so I said "Fuck You" and her ex-boyfriend got up and pushed me into a cupboard with his hand around my neck. My head still hurts cuz he banged my head into the cupboard after he slammed me up against it.

He sent me up to "my room" and I'm not allowed to leave until he says. I fucking hate this shithole but I'm in rural North Carolina so there isn't really anywhere I can go, short of  "running away" in their eyes, (moving out as a legal adult in mine), hitchhiking to a bigger city and finding a homeless shelter.

I don't know what to do, they won't even let me apply to online school alone, even though I can because I am 18. I am going to try anyway, and if they start shit over it (I know they will), I am leaving that night.

I don't even know what the point of waiting is, they won't let me apply and will do anything to sabotage my progress.

Why don't I leave tonight? (i MIGHT idk)

what are some essentials I should bring? I need to travel light.

“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

Contact "job and family services" in the morning and report your legal guardian and her ex-boyfriend. The legal guardianship can be revoked by a judge if you are being mistreated verbally/physically/emotionally. If you are restricted to guardianship for some legal reason, then they may need to find you a new guardian, if possible.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?