KenDo

Lucid dream or OOE?

1 post in this topic

Yesterday I had a strange experience I wanted to share with you all. Please let me know what you think and if you had similar experiences before!

So I was meditating for an hour when I got sleepy and decided to take a rest afterwards. I must have fallen asleep but it felt like I was awake and my body was totally relaxed. I’m not sure I was dreaming or not I think maybe in between dreaming.
What happened was it felt like my body sensations were completely gone and then my mind just suddenly said: you don’t even exist!! And suddenly I felt very strange and fearful and like some sort of force was pulling my body into a sitting position. I was thinking to myself is this before enlightenment, or an out of body experience? I had a similar experience in a dream before with the I don’t exist feeling and also other dreams where I was leaving my physical body. But this one combined both elements. So as I was laying there I opened my eyes just a little bit and I could see a pure white ceiling and then my mind just kept repeating: you don’t even exit! You don’t even exist! And every time it did my body felt very strange, almost as though I was submerged in water and I even heard water, maybe because it was raining outside. The sound I heard was more like a waterfall though. And as I had these sensations, I repeatedly got pulled out of my physical body higher up to the ceiling but I always stopped there. 

I was a bit afraid but whenever I surrendered my fear I felt like I would go higher up. It felt like someone was reaching my arms and pulling me up there. What is really freaky is that you don’t just feel strange but your body is making strange sounds and tensing and moving on it’s own and you have no clue what is going on.