Giulio Bevilacqua

My idea about the concept of LIFE PURPOSE

2 posts in this topic

On an existential level I haven't found a meaning/purpose in life. 

When It comes to social "individual" beings things get more complicated.

So many people are stuck in this endless loop of "what is my purpose in life ? "  The first one is to be alive and experience life day by day, but of course we have to perform some activities in our social life.  Here comes the problem, "what should I choose , what should I do ? " 

Many are choosing blindly without any sense of Inner awareness, they are compulsive. Others choose things that they are good at, talent,passion and so on. The rest of the people are scratching their heads to figure out what they want to do in their lifes. 

The main problem in my opinion about the idea of Life Purpose is that we think something is better than something else, you make a comparison and so a distortion of Life. 

For example : Cooking and Painting . I do not know which one to choose . I love both. 

In a bigger  wiew they are the same, there is no difference, only because we think on is better than the other we get stuck and confused. 

Preference  always refers to our conditioned personality, we are not more able to enjoy whatever comes our way, because our egoic likes and dislikes have distorted reality. 

If I choose cooking and get absolutley involved with it where is the problem ? If I choose painting and get absolutely involved with it where is the problem ? 

The content of the activities are different but the Inner experience is the same .

Of course we need to look at what we are good and what out capabilities are best at.

I'm not saying that this is thruth. It is a just a reasoning that I've build in these days. 

Please tell me what is your opinion about. Sorry for my English I tried my best. 

7 hours ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

If I choose cooking and get absolutley involved with it where is the problem ? If I choose painting and get absolutely involved with it where is the problem ? 

The content of the activities are different but the Inner experience is the same .

That's the beauty of life, we can enjoy more than 1 thing! There is no problem of loving both cooking and painting.

Now if you are thinking of performing mastery in a skill to establish a career there, then this becomes a different question. It will be a combination of inner passion + market fit. Some domains have greater market fit then others, due to how you can monetize and if there is a need for it. 

Doing cooking as a career doesn't mean you cant to painting on the side though. And perhaps maybe after a number of years being a chef, you will want a change of pace and can focus on painting more. One can have more than 1 life purpose in your lifetime. However, to really see material results, it is best to master 1 domain at a time, so that your advanced skills stand out from everyone else as both rare and valuable.