rNOW

Weird Cravings

2 posts in this topic

So I've been exercising and eating well for a couple of years, also intermittent fasting. However, none of this was a conscious choice. I could say I just started craving healthy foods and eating less as a result of exercising (?).

I have zero desire to touch ice- creams and processed sugars of any kind. I had been feeling really good about my health, until now. Recently, I have been having weird cravings, of healthy food, but they are weird because I cannot seem to let go the urge to eat them. Or skip them. For example, I had to eat khichri (A very healthy mix of boiled rice and lentils) for 6 days in a row. Still have that often, like 3 times a week. Recently it is ghee (clarified butter). I want to put it in anything and everything. This same ghee which used to make me nauseous earlier. It's weird because I cannot seem to control it. Just like earlier I used to crave unhealthy foods, now I crave, really crave healthy foods, but I'm afraid it will go out of control or something? Rationally I know I need to have some variations, but I cannot seem to let it go until I've had the same thing enough for a few days in a row. People around me are going crazy because I cook for them and they get to have the same thing that I eat :P.

Anyone experiences such cravings? If yes, how long they last or don't last? Or how to navigate through them?

Thats an awesome, positive thing, just make sure your calories are in check for your health goals. Enjoy all those healthy foods, just be conscious of your portion sizes in relation to the demands of your physical activity throughout the day/week. If you are doing time restricted eating that is also a really good practice. 

And I love ghee as well, I also want to put it on everything so you are not alone my friend. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry