Max_V

Increasing efficiency brain and lessening symptoms of ASD

3 posts in this topic

Hello friends,

I have a couple of questions about autism and the efficiency of the brain and nervous system. Since a while I've known I am on the autism spectrum. Which manifests in multiple ways in my being, but the number one thing I want some help with, and perhaps advice or answers to, is processing sensations/perception/data, and the fastness of my brain in connecting dots, creating solutions to problems, and things of that sort. 

My nervous system and brain process data at a much slower pace since it doesn't really have a filter. Wheras people not on the spectrum, most of the time do have a functioning one. I am very, very sensitive to all perception. Which is a plus in a lot of pursuits, but also a negative in that it slows down the rate at which I can think and put stuff together. This in turn makes it so that my mental and emotional energy is spent very inefficiently and so makes it hard for me to do more of what I want to do in life. It also causes me to get overwhelmed really quickly because my capacity to process is that much slower.

Perhaps IQ and this processing are related or perhaps not since there are people with autism who do have a high IQ, nonetheless, I am searching for a way to one increase the  efficiency of this system. And also (perhaps related to increasing IQ) make my thinking brain faster, more capable, and sharper. I would love to be able to form sentences better and faster, become better at planning  things, and being able to hold a big picture without it being overwhelming, and lots more that fit into that category.

If you know anything about this subject, or would like to add suggestions, please feel free to do so. I would love to discuss this topic and look for solutions together.

All the best,

Max V

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Leo Gura I was wondering, have you done any research on this topic that you could share?

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus