Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kindayellow

Listening to Radio in work

3 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm just curious as to what other people may think and could relate.

In my current job, my boss and coworker have the radio playing the entire day and I find it frustrating to always have something new going on in the background but they seem to love it. When I'm on my own I work in silence, but I'll sometimes play relaxing music, my coworkers listen to mainly rock, which kinda drills into my head lol. I'm also looking for a way to muffle the sound but still be able to hear my surroundings? If anyone knows some sort of way I can do that, because I don't really want to stop them from listening to the radio.

Grateful for any replies lol

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.

Yeah it can be frustrating to work in an environment like that, I find that too much music, especially if doesn't resonate with you, can be pretty draining. 

• You could use earplugs if you don't have to talk to anybody while working, or at least do that when you need to focus.
  • If you're allowed to, you could wear headphones/earphones, not all of them have noise-cancelling properties. 
  • Confront them and ask them to lower the volume or move the radio closer to them, or something like that.

It's difficult because I'm in a job where I need to listen out for people coming to the window for us to test a sample (work in a lab) and it's less so that it's loud, the speakers they come from are in another room but with door open, I'd love to find away to have a lower level of silence without disrupting them and still being able to listen out for people, probably too much of an ask lol

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.