Rasheed

Best Time to Go To Sleep?

23 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

I don't really do static stretching too much unless its to improve a tissue thats overly tight/sore and its needed in order to improve my mobility. Dynamic stretching is more beneficial overall, gets your blood flowing more for recovery. 

The first thing I do when I wake up is do foam rolling and other soft tissue release with a ball. This is good because it gets things moving in your lymphatic system, flushing out toxins, which can help your immune system. I like mobility as a routine in the morning but sometimes I do it before bed. I think it comes down to your preference. However when you do stretching/mobility work, it helps you get ready for actual movement like a workout, if you do it before bed you are just staying still for hours so its not going to improve movement quality the next day. So if you had to pick I think the morning would be best. 

How do you foam roll? This sounds very abstract but do you do it for certain time like: Foam rolling your calves for 1 minute or you do it like 10 rolls on your Calves? (I used calves as an example...)

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

4 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

How do you foam roll? This sounds very abstract but do you do it for certain time like: Foam rolling your calves for 1 minute or you do it like 10 rolls on your Calves? (I used calves as an example...)

Whatever muscles are more tight/tender when you are rolling should get more attention. If a certain muscle feels fine with deep pressure, I would move on to another area. Really tight areas you could spend a couple mins rolling, then a couple mins of stretching. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

6 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Whatever muscles are more tight/tender when you are rolling should get more attention. If a certain muscle feels fine with deep pressure, I would move on to another area. Really tight areas you could spend a couple mins rolling, then a couple mins of stretching. 

Thank you. 

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport