Rasheed

Is peanut butter healthy?

22 posts in this topic

So i was eating a lot of peanut butter for past four weeks and my stomach got really bad. Gas formation, irregular going to toilets and pooping more than two times a day. 

Thing learned dont over eat anything even if its tasty.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

It is true that polyunsaturated fats (Omega 6 and Omega 3) in nut butters are beneficial but like guys already mentioned you will be getting too much Omega 6 over Omega 3. Secondly grinding nuts into butter dramatically speeds up their oxidation which creates a cocktail of free radicals that tax your antioxidant defences. Most of them time there are not synthetic antioxidants included in nut butters so there is no protection against this. And in many cases you don't know how long they've been sitting on the shelf, under direct light in transparent jars. 

And if you notice most peanut butters are made of roasted nut, not raw. So you are already heating up and grinding nuts that have already been highly processed, most likely roasted in cheap oils oxidised full of potential carcinogens. Not a best food imo. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus