Displayname

Doubtful Of Life's Purpose

8 posts in this topic

I went trough the Life's Purpose course but I'm still doubting my purpose... 

Leo really helped me find my Strengths, Values, Beliefs and much more but I'm still so confused and doubtful of my purpose. Ironically, the biggest fear I hold is choosing the wrong purpose and achieving something that leaves me with an empty feeling. My purpose now is to provide people with beautiful, ecological and affordable houses. To get there, I'll have to combine work and a college education (3 - 5 years) and then I'd need to quit my well payed job and venture into the unknown. 
I'm really content at my job, I only regret it isn't challenging me. I'm learning all this personal growth techniques and idea's but there's no outlet for them.

My question:

Should I disregard my fear of choosing the wrong purpose and just go with it? I'm afraid if I take this approach, I won't have a big enough "why" to motivate me. I might use visualization and affirmations to get my motivation cranked up (this worked already for training and eating healthy)
Or is this fear legitimate and should I keep searching, redo the course, read some of the Life Purpose's books Leo recommends until I find that thing that makes me cry. Right now, the feeling I get towards my purpose is that I'm pretty excited, but I think the long ours of study and such will bore me out so hard I might come crashing down a lot.

I'd really appreciate some advice on this one. Feel free to share your story

<3

50 minutes ago, Displayname said:

I went trough the Life's Purpose course but I'm still doubting my purpose... 

Leo really helped me find my Strengths, Values, Beliefs and much more but I'm still so confused and doubtful of my purpose. Ironically, the biggest fear I hold is choosing the wrong purpose and achieving something that leaves me with an empty feeling. My purpose now is to provide people with beautiful, ecological and affordable houses. To get there, I'll have to combine work and a college education (3 - 5 years) and then I'd need to quit my well payed job and venture into the unknown. 
I'm really content at my job, I only regret it isn't challenging me. I'm learning all this personal growth techniques and idea's but there's no outlet for them.

My question:

Should I disregard my fear of choosing the wrong purpose and just go with it? I'm afraid if I take this approach, I won't have a big enough "why" to motivate me. I might use visualization and affirmations to get my motivation cranked up (this worked already for training and eating healthy)
Or is this fear legitimate and should I keep searching, redo the course, read some of the Life Purpose's books Leo recommends until I find that thing that makes me cry. Right now, the feeling I get towards my purpose is that I'm pretty excited, but I think the long ours of study and such will bore me out so hard I might come crashing down a lot.

I'd really appreciate some advice on this one. Feel free to share your story

<3

Maybe it would help you to find the real you, experience it on a deeper level,  and allow life to live you instead of you trying to live life, and just maybe life will bring to you what is important in all things you do.  If there is something for you to do there will be enough desire to carry you to it, without all the doubts, confusion, and looking backwards.

@Displayname You are re-thinking your original direction. Do you feel like it's not working for you but your working for it? Myself as a home builder , I gotta say go with the affordable housing. Maybe that's just me because that was always my personal passion.  Creating and designing safe and affordable homes that a family can live in. It's wonderful and fulfilling to see that transformation happen before your eyes. When the job is finished and you drive away the last time knowing that a family will spend many happy days together in this home. No regrets here. And housing is changing drasticly too, tiny houses, earth housing, portable housing, container housing, even a house that has a greenhouse built around it. 

What's goin'on? I agree with the above to be honest in many ways. Cool right, you found a better ideas of your values so the best thing you can do with that is develop a deep love for yourself and find out exactly who you are.

by that I mean pretty much what lights you up, you mention tears. A good strategy my pal to figure out what it is you want is being conscious of what lights you up when your thinking of it.

Then

What does NOT bring you joy when  you think of it, realy joy...fell free to chat longer (;

Sorry, failreply

@cetus56 I got goosebumps from you saying that... maybe this is the right thing... especially the tiny house projects, damn. maybe I should contemplate this purpose some more without pressuring myself. I'm kinda afraid to go for a degree in Real Estate Management tho... It would really give me the information I require but I'm afraid because I tried to go to college 2 times and I just wasn't able to get myself to study... I'd rather play league of legends all day then go to class... things have changed now tho that was 2 years and a lot of self-help books ago, I believe if it's truly what I want, I'll make ends meet. Damn, the idea of studying again really scares me :D

@RyanPinesWolf1996 Your right, I should pay more attention to what makes my tail waggle and what fulfills me. I know the idea of providing housing could be meaningful to to me, but I have no idea if I will enjoy it. If it will be worth it...

Thx for reply :)

@Displayname Give it a while, don't go all in now buddy okay...think more about what really honestly and truly gets you excited...maybe it is that you're passionate about selling homes OR maybe that could be a clue in there that you like bringing joy to people and you like to find people security and seeing them smile....maaaabye ay? : ) 

Something that you have struggled with in the past you could want to help others with because toy can relate to their current experience so vividly from you're familiar past experience of that. ...maaaybe : P

Maybe you just love to DAANCE! be in nature like a tour guide, be a business founder of a noble organisation...possibilities man

Im starting my business see. I began on my website and expressing myself through my channel. Iam still not my authentic self AT ALLyet being a teenager and all but as you hear yourself back you get a good understanding of who you are and how much you're growing and you can start this now if you like :P