Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anton Rogachevski

Why is there self-destructive behavior?

9 posts in this topic

Hello dear Actualizers,
I have yet more intriguing questions for you,

Contemplating the role of Self-Destructive behavior, it really doesn't make sense for such a phenomenon to exist, given that evolution is plucking behaviors which aren't favorable to the survival of a certain species.

1. Does self-destruction appear anywhere else in nature?

2. What's its role in the great scheme of things?

There is of course the chance that evolution hasn't yet completed it's work in eliminating it.
My guess is that it's thus saying: "You're no longer needed, destroy thyself."
It's also apparent that when there's toxic matter in a body it's limited in its ability to awaken, so another possibility is that it's the devil's work in trying to prevent us from awakening. (Which is pretty fucking clever.)

Please let us hear your insights : )

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

33 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Does self-destruction appear anywhere else in nature?

2. What's its role in the great scheme of things?

1. Not that I know of. And of course that wouldn't make sense. You have to have an ego capable of complex devilry. It exists because we are able to identify with ideas, and because of this we can ignore the decay of body and mind to suit this other identification. We have a complex set of motivations and desires that other animals do not possess. 

2. The same mechanism that allows destructive behavior also enables all the good in society. What if you identified with the higher Self instead of with money, your job, or as a smoker? What if you had a global identity and cared about another nation's wellbeing? A double edged sword, if you will. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

50 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

so another possibility is that it's the devil's work in trying to prevent us of from awakening. (Which is pretty fucking clever.)

Yes. But also realize that awakening couldn't be possible if self-destruction wasn't also possible.

Sent from my iEgo

4 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

Yes. But also realize that awakening couldn't be possible if self-destruction wasn't also possible.

Which raises an even better question: Is awakening self-destruction? 

It certainly isn't in the same way as smoking is.

4 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Which raises an even better question: Is awakening self-destruction?

Hell yeah it is! The self gets obliterated ;)

Sent from my iEgo

4 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

How to destroy that which doesn't exist?

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Sent from my iEgo

Some animals in certain situations can have self destructive actions. a bug in australia almost went extinct because it was trying to mate with beer cans instead of females. some cats can harm themselves when they are neglected and abused or under duress or high stress. abused dogs would rather fight people than allow good ones to help them sometimes. Coyotes and such chewing a leg off to escape a trap. birds pushing their babies out of the nest to learn to fly. Christ basically attacking the established society. environment and psyche plays a big role here.

In the grand scheme its like all forms of "evil" its necessary for this level of our reality, violence exists thats just that. as nature and society evolves it will change forms to hopefully more peaceful versions over time, for all things. It will continue to exist for a long time. Sometimes with glimpses of truth that someone is unprepared for it can lead to dangerous and destructive thoughts. Sometimes environments feel so constraining any way out can feel better than none. Sometimes things just get twisted in such a way that self destruction comes more naturally and survival has to be worked on. Life is not always pleasant and sometimes those dark tunnels lead to the greener pastures one is seeking. Sometimes it leads to an abyss you dont see until you're already falling. Tread carefully in these dangerous woods. Honestly sometimes its also necesssary, if i hadn't sabotaged some of my earlier relationships, i would have never been on this path and would have probably commited suicide. that self destruction has lead to a lot of pain and turmoil in my journey, but also some serious truths and realizations about myself that has helped me a lot regain myself after some really bad points. it also helped me unknowingly prepare mentally and emotionally for the deaths of my sister and father. It has also lead me to feel extremely isolated and alone, like im caged in a prison of my own design. Journeys through this world are unique and twisted and full of coincindence and paradox. sometimes its beautiful, sometimes not so much.