JustThinkingAloud

Self-actualizing App Project

55 posts in this topic

Couple of weeks ago I started a new project! yay Let’s hope that this one is better than my previous ones, I do have a lot of time on my hands so I keep playing with things. I love Edison's quote:

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Also, I have not failed till I say I failed! As long as I keep going, I can still succeed. Who remembers successful people’s previous failures? Not many people :D I’ll never stop trying!

Comment whatever you like, any thoughts are welcome, the more the merrier :)

So what’s this project about? I decided to create an app that helps people to untangle their minds and clarify who they are, why they are that way and how they can use it or change it to navigate through life. It’s a huge project, I came up with 5 big sections that the app will have. To break it up, we’ve decided to release one section at a time and keep adding sections as I finish them. The design and theory is all ready, I just need to tie it together. So there’s a lot of cleaning up, organizing, judging what needs to be where. That means a lot of sitting around and thinking and keeping myself confident.

I’ve never done any journalling before so let’s see how this goes. Hopefully, it’ll help me to stay focused, inspired, encouraged and motivated.

Edited by JustThinkingAloud

I have an opinion on everything :D

Welcome! ?

Does the idea of mindfulness figure in very much with the big 5 you're working with?

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

26 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Welcome! ?

Thank you! :)

26 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Does the idea of mindfulness figure in very much with the big 5 you're working with?

It’ll be designed so you can keep updating, changing and reviewing your analysis as much as you want. We are constantly changing and developing so the app is meant to help with any changes and it’ll give tools how to deal with the current situation and can store it so next time it’ll happen you can see how you went about it last time and improve on it. It’ll be up to the person whether they want to use the old analysis or start completely afresh and do a brand new analysis without any reference to the past.

I can’t wait to start coding, I so got a clear image of the UI in my head. Only if I could be confident on the structure of the data so I can create the database and use it in the app. I’ve done that before so it shouldn’t be a problem. All the information is ready, I just need get that feeling that it’s right or at least that it’s the best I can do. Still not fully there, let’s keep rereading, reanalyzing, adjusting and maybe it will start feeling right tomorrow. It can help to sleep on things :) 

I feel little bit lost in all the information. I know there’s a way to organize it well and end up with a simple result even though the process of getting there is complicated. So I decided that instead of trying to keep reading and grouping and classifying the details, I’ll start from the other end. I’ll start from the final result that I want and add the details to it. So I sat down and fully decided on the outcome and now can match the details to it. I feel really good about it. Let see how long that will last :D

All this questioning myself can get a bit tiring. Why can’t I just sit down and have it done as I’ve done so many times before. It just needs to feel right, I really want to do a good job. I want to have it well analyzed and make sure that it’s correct or at least close to it.

Ok, I want this app to be really good so that’s it, I'll only do it the way that feels right. So back to analyzing, questioning, deciding to make sure that the right things are in. A big NO to confusion and conflicting information!

Today I’m having a day off to clear up my head. It hasn’t been working very well last couple of days so let’s give it a break and hopefully tomorrow it will start clicking again. :) 

This could be a complete flop. Oh well, who cares! As long as I keep trying, I might make it happen, it won’t happen at all without me trying. A miracle can happen tomorrow, I just need to help it little bit. :D

Today was supposed to be my fun day. Unfortunately, I’m too distracted to ride my motorbike, I really need to have my focus at the speed we’re doing. Oh well, hopefully I’ll be able to ride next week.

Yay, yay, yay, yay! Happy dance here :)

I’ve progressed quite a bit today, it’s nicely moving along. Big chunk of work done, let’s enjoy this great feeling for a bit!

I’ve finally finished the rough data structure. Now I just have to make it perfect or more accurately make it the best I can. Perfection doesn’t exist.

@JustThinkingAloud

I’ve finally finished the rough data structure. 

I once worked on a project aswell.

BEWARE, I once thought "I had the data structure," I ended up rewriting my project from almost scratch like 5 times. ?

hopefully you are smarter than me hehe. 

I've changed my account password to something I don't remember. 

I do not support actualized.org anymore

goodluck

1 hour ago, Proactive said:

@JustThinkingAloud

I once worked on a project aswell.

BEWARE, I once thought "I had the data structure," I ended up rewriting my project from almost scratch like 5 times. ?

Thank you for the heads up. I’ve been there, I’ve done that and it sucks.

1 hour ago, Proactive said:

hopefully you are smarter than me hehe. 

No, I’m not, that’s why I created a little Java software that makes the database creation, adjustments and data entry as easy as I can. So in case things change, it’s easy to redo the database. I’m just being realistic as it’s very likely that the first data structure might not work. There’s a lot of many-to-many relationships in the database so it might be very hard to do it right on the first try.

PS: Enjoy your joker movie. Weekends are made to chill :) 

Edited by JustThinkingAloud

Sometimes I wonder whether it’s all worth it. I’ve spent decades on testing, analyzing, reading, experimenting and trying to help others for free, maybe once it’ll get appreciated, who knows. Somehow, I have a strong feeling that I have to share my understanding and conclusions as it can help millions of people. I don’t want to sit on something that could make other people’s lives so much easier. Of course, I could be completely wrong but what if I’m right?

Negativity is such a energy sucker. Need to either fix it or get over it. I’m not saying to ignore bad things, I’m just saying to be real about it! Not overly positive and surely not negative, just purely face the facts and fix it or let it be.

I’m little bit tired today, other things going on at this moment. Luckily, tomorrow’s another day and hopefully I’ll be feeling much better and more productive.

This journal is such a forest of smileys. haha That’s probably saying something about me :ph34r: