Adam M

Important Resource for Effective Vipassana Practice.

1 post in this topic

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9kZWNvbnN0cnVjdGluZ3lvdXJzZWxmLmNvbS9mZWVkL3BvZGNhc3Q&episode=aHR0cHM6Ly9kZWNvbnN0cnVjdGluZ3lvdXJzZWxmLmNvbS8_cG9zdF90eXBlPXBvZGNhc3QmcD04NTI0

This model has saved me from mechanical Vipassana practice. Very simple and important.  Checkiut more of Daniel Ingrams podcast for more resources like this one.

Rough notes from myself:

Deconstructing sensory experience model

Model for the stages of Vipassana deconstruction (Michael taft)

Stages:

1. Thinking about the object. Conceptual. Thinking about the object, barely any sensory clarity of the object itself, most of the encounter is narrative and conceptual

"I'm focusing on the breath. This is me focusing on breath."

The mind conceptualizes experience for the purpose of efficiency.

How to get to stage 2: get into sensory detail

2. Phenomenological object

Awareness of object as phenomena, not an object. Much more detail. Trying to see as clearly as possible.
    Slow process...slowly gets clearer and clearer. Notice the "texure" of the breath. Take this to the highest level possible. Requires training. Notice finer and finer details.

3. Object flow. Awareness of object as process. "Flowy, wavy," objects appears as field of activity instead of static object.

Things are verbs.

Example: knee pain transforming into an enjoyable field of vibration "massage"

Dark night of the soul: positive feelings and sense of self beginning to dissolve

Solution: let go of that shit

Next step: focus on emptiness 

4. Nondual, only awareness

5. Cessation, awareness disappears and then reappears, this process (when clear) produces insight into nature of mind and world.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<