remember

what to make out of alternative facts regarding syrian war?

7 posts in this topic

i´m reading article after article and watch some news reports and try to figure out what`s real and what not. and there are so many things i get confused over and wonder and it reveals a very complex situation.

first thing is i tried to figure out about some claims aljazeera dropped in a report about the ypg, they claimed the kurds having killed and suppressed people but after i went deeper into it wikipedia says these claims have mostly been made at the beginning of the war, kurds since then have had recived human rights training from geneva call. 

also i found this on wikipedia: In 2017, the U.N. Independent International Commission of Inquiry released a report that stated that the commission "found no evidence to substantiate claims that YPG or SDF forces ever targeted Arab communities on the basis of ethnicity, nor that YPG cantonal authorities systematically sought to change the demographic composition of territories under their control through the commission of violations directed against any particular ethnic group.

also the sds is not only built of kurds but also a coalition of different ethnicities of syria with the ypg as the biggest military force protecting civilians of different ethnicities. women and men are equaly present in the army and have equal rights.

then i read how turkey claims their actual military offense being righteous calling it "operation source of peace" and how they will not attack civilians but then read that after a first offense 15 people where counted dead of which 8 are civilians amongst them children.

then i hear in us news that the kurds are under attack from syrian side, while in europe i only find news that the kurds are trying to talk to damaskus and moscow, and syria is condemning the turkish operation as invasion to their teritorry. so what should i believe.

it is so saddening to watch. especially if i read things like: there is a saying the kurds have, that their only friends are the mountains.

i feel deeply ashamed for europe and the western world that we seem to not remember what that means!

I'm ashamed for Europe and the western world too. They should stop the turkish offensive. But sadly they won't. 

It's not a war, think it like a stock market. There is no right or wrong. Everyone getting what he deserved. We build this up. 

@Sucuk Ekmek no there is a war and it is even going on where i live at, in sense of people who had to leave their country to live a life without supression i`m not talking about syrian refugees alone - i`m talking about turkish refugees who had to flee, some of them are kurds but some of them are only reporters, politicians and soldiers who where still supporters of ataturks inheritence.

the human rights in syria where so massiveley violated in many ways that i want to remind of sds women forces of the ypg who freed the jesidic women of their enslavement by isis - i hope if damaskus will have peace they will allow these women forces to remain as they are, they are the heroes of this war.

so trump saying it is about ethnicities is making me ashamed, but he doesn`t have a good woman picture we all know that so what do we expect.

Edited by remember

@remember    Human rights, European Union, countries, peace&war, hero&villain etc... our concepts have changed. Trump saying bla bla... He's not representing anything. He can only say what he's allowed to, just like Erdoğan. By the way I am also Turk which lives in Turkey. 

Regular man, who wants to have a family might cause more harm than a drunkard. (something like this said Nietzsche)

UN is struggling with money issues because some countries don`t pay the dues - it`s really interesting it`s like the world wouldn`t care to have an humanitarian immune system anymore. how especially weapon industry profits from it is also interesting, of course why should anybody care where their money goes to, or where it comes from. it`s especially interesting how people think if we earn money with selling weapons, then why should we invest in helping people. if we sell all these weapons, at least we must give the buyer a chance to have some fun... paying money to a country to care for refugees instead of paying an organisation is a huge political trap. europe is as dumb as the us. sometimes i wonder if anybody even remembers why we where in need of these structures in the first place. who doesn`t pay shouldn`t have veto rights.

Edited by remember