Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Don

TIPS: recovering after major mood swings caused by meditation and consciousness.

5 posts in this topic

Hello.

Right now as I'm writing this sentence I'm feeling pretty good despite the fact that I've been extremely depressed.

In the past few days, I've been experiencing mood swings and episodes of depression. I was hit by waves of depression. These negative emotions bubbled up because of meditation. Don't worry, it's not a bad thing.

This is a sign of growth which we have to be grateful for; I'm saying this because if we never become depressed, how can we know what depression is and how can we know and learn how to get over it?

How can we grow if we don't experience negative emotions?

Anyway, I want to clarify a few things.

1. Anytime when you are in a state of depression as a result of your daily meditation practice, don't despair. The depression will subside; the depression will go away.

2. You will have a tendency to believe that depression will never go away. This tendency is irrational and will cause a deeper state of depression. On the other hand, this tendency to believe that depression will never go away is caused by the depression itself. Make an effort to realize this fact.

3. Be mindful of your thoughts while you are depressed. Any emotion caused by depression will distort the way you think and see the world. No matter how awful this state of depression is, keep being mindful.

4. Acceptance is the key. Just accept the state of depression as it is. Embrace it fully. After a while, even if it doesn't go away, it won't bother you anymore.

5. Remind yourself that depression is not permanent; remember yourself that it's gonna go away. Keep doing it daily.

6. Anything negative that bubbles up as a result of your meditation practice it's caused by your ego. As you become more conscious, the consciousness itself overwhelms the ego and that's the main reason why your ego is fighting back.

7. Don't stop your meditation practice. Don't let its side effects take over your awareness. Keep meditating. You'll thank me later.

I sure this stuff will help you go through any side effects of your meditation practice.

The good news is the following: after your depression will subside, you'll be better than ever. Fresh and motivated for life.

Edited by The Don
Correcting the title of this topic.

Me on the road less traveled.

@The Don Guess you have Just posted your projections about your (meditatation and depression).

What is depression in your own experience ?

How do you know others think that the depression will not go ?

Accept depression ? Why should you accept depression ?

Why should you meditate if it is causing depression ?

Why should you be mindful of depression ?

How do you know if the depression is caused by meditation or other repeated worldly worries,frustrations and inability to get past over that problem or intense shame or guilt or inferiority complex,self esteem issues or imbalance of serotinin ?

What are your daily routines food habits addictions - smoking drinking - excercise ?

Whats the nature of your job - stressful high pressure high tension job ?

You say even depression is there it will not bother you ? So how can you function when there is no energy no interest  to do anything?lack of motivation ? Kind of depressive irritation ? Unable to focus ? Suicidal thoughts ? Sleeplessness? 

What ever you are mindful - it persists or grows or drops ?

Whats your method of meditation ?

Edited by Jkris

13 hours ago, Jkris said:

@The Don Guess you have Just posted your projections about your (meditatation and depression).

What is depression in your own experience ?

How do you know others think that the depression will not go ?

Accept depression ? Why should you accept depression ?

Why should you meditate if it is causing depression ?

Why should you be mindful of depression ?

How do you know if the depression is caused by meditation or other repeated worldly worries,frustrations and inability to get past over that problem or intense shame or guilt or inferiority complex,self esteem issues or imbalance of serotinin ?

What are your daily routines food habits addictions - smoking drinking - excercise ?

Whats the nature of your job - stressful high pressure high tension job ?

You say even depression is there it will not bother you ? So how can you function when there is no energy no interest  to do anything?lack of motivation ? Kind of depressive irritation ? Unable to focus ? Suicidal thoughts ? Sleeplessness? 

What ever you are mindful - it persists or grows or drops ?

Whats your method of meditation ?

You have to go through a major state of depression and be mindful of it to understand what I'm saying.

@The Don Yes I have gone through major depression episode hence the questions.

But can you even medidate during depression ? Do you even have that inclination energy to meditate mindful of it ?

Hence the questions.

1 hour ago, Jkris said:

@The Don Yes I have gone through major depression episode hence the questions.

But can you even medidate during depression ? Do you even have that inclination energy to meditate mindful of it ?

Hence the questions.

Yes. Today I meditated.