Jamie Universe

Creative solutions - McDonalds Veggie Meat

1 post in this topic

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2019/09/26/mcdonalds-gets-into-the-veggie-burger-game-testing-a-beyond-meat-patty-in-canada/

the article basically says that McDonalds is trying out a veggie burger in Canada from a new veggie-meat product called beyond meat, which I've had before, and although I've been a vegetarian for many years now, I'm pretty sure is supposed to taste exactly like actual meat. So far all of those who don't want to give up meat, now you don't have too to be more veggie oriented.

I think this is a good example of creative solutions to problems in society, since meat production is bad in many ways, and I learned that if we didn't produce as much meat, first of all carbon emissions would decline directly from that, but we could also use that land for US grown soybeans which is what 'beyond-meat' is made out of, but also sustainable bio fuel, which also heavily cuts down on carbon emissions. 

So basically if most restraunts (likely in more green areas like west and east coast) changed to 'beyond-meat' then carbon emissions would decline greatly, not to mention it's probably healthier (although Leo recommends against eating soy). 

Whatever your job or career, there are ways to have a meaningful impact on society like this.