Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest SirVladimir

Art & Fantasy platform - I need your help!

3 posts in this topic

Dear Actualizers,

relatively soon I will have an exceptional leverage to rally thousands of people who are into digital art and fantasy. My quest as it seems is to build a platform slash brand around the industry, but also around "the shadow in the corner" for most people; around consciousness. It needs to incorporate both. A conscious-brand. Obviously, I have a few vague ideas and there are a few years of work to be done, still, I ask my fellow community aside, beforehand: What cards would YOU try to flip? Do you see a potential? Has a thought ever appeared in your head? It can sound pragmatic or dreamy. Obviously, the business should be centered around Spiral Dynamics, Ikigai, Life Purpose, whatever conscious. Even if it seems hidden for the users at first. 

Bring it on. Once again, the main pillars are - fantasy, digital art, adventure.

I will go through all of your replies. Thank you.

Edited by SirVladimir
correcting mistakes

I'm not sure what your opportunity is exactly, but it sounds beautiful :) (I've got images of dragons growing out of fancy non-specific visuals in my head right now.)

People who are into fantasy typically do have a vivid visual imagination and can appreciate a sense of wonder & an appreciation of a good story = the heroes journey. Appeal to their curiosity. Make them intuit there is more behind the curtain. Make them find the courage of a hero and carry it over to their real life, if you can find a way to do that. 

Can you make it a VR project? Have people walk through your beautiful world and really fight the dragon of their fear?

Connect digital art with LARP? 

All depends on your finances and your audience obviously. No idea. Just brainstorming.

Also, found a post about something remotelly similar. https://www.reddit.com/r/askphilosophy/comments/6i71tv/what_video_games_explore_philosophical_topics_well/)

16 hours ago, modmyth said:

@SirVladimir Artist here. Definitely wanting to see where this one is going.

What do you mean by "adventure" though?

I can only speak for myself. Adventure is just another rephrase of fantasy, of expanding one's imagination and sending them down a spiral of thoughts. Not a physical term in my case... not currently. 9_9

Regarding the platform, it will definitely be an internet business because the scaling is virtually infinite. The more conscious ideas include creating a therapeutic game, while the more 'business alike' are about making a site where artists could sell art, a student-teacher network etc. Business is not always about inventing something shiny and new, but about reshaping things already existent and doing them BETTER. I've been as well thinking about how to connect art with the blockchain technology (perhaps you've heard of before).

It's all about asking the right questions:

• I wish there was...
  • I'm tired of...
  • I don't like...

Opportunity, opportunity, opportunity. Perhaps the community itself will come up with a great idea! Or will it be you? ;)

Edited by SirVladimir