Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LateBloomer

Cure For Fear

4 posts in this topic

Ugh, I understand they have good intentions, but they really have no idea what subtle, but critical damage this can cause when dealing with more complex fears, that are tied to things beyond a simple object like spiders. I'm glad they at least touched upon that reality with the last paragraph.

Fear of loss for instance is a huge, multi-dynamic and complex fear, that is tied to very positive things like caring, motivation, and appreciation (we tend to deeply fear losing the things we deeply care about). I love my fear of loss and I would never fuck with it's chemical composition by bringing it to the surface and then hijacking my natural, context-specific chemical cascade with a synthetic like propranolol. 

Using the drug is a crutch or short-cut and will destroy context and emotional history. Again, for some instances I get why people would rather have a synthetic emotional context compared to a painful one, but personally, hell no. Thankfully, I have the resiliency to handle and properly modify my fears and the self-respect to see their purpose and protect their fidelity within me.

I do not like to always see fear as a completely bad thing it can saving you from something or giving you direction... I believe in always being in touch with your emotions and trying to connect and flow with it and understand it then trying to overthrow them. Trying to exalt everything that is happening to you to its highest and good.

Edited by gmc24