Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
effy01

meditation newbie

10 posts in this topic

HEY , im new to meditation

i always overlooked it really , now there is that little voice callin me i should get in the habit of doing it .

i ve just finished 10 min meditation doing nothin technique

my toughts start racing ,making no sense ,i didnt try to control them ut rather let them be, i felt my heart racing  at the 8 min or so so i begin breathing techniques and was crying at the same time .

when i opened my eyes a feeling of anxiety just hit me

i ve een deling with anxiety the whole year after droppin my carreer that i was identified with

and i quit smoking weed cold turkey like 2 months ago

i still feel a sense of like my head is heavy right now

any suggestions or other reathin techniques ? is that normal ?

Hi there :)

You're doing just fine. Please don't add to your anxiety by worrying about whether you're doing it right, or you're experiencing the correct things. And good on you for sharing with the forum to discuss it.

You've only just started with do-nothing, it's perfectly normal to feel intensified awareness because our usual default mode is distracting ourselves from deeper feelings by flitting between thoughts,and external stimuli of all kinds. My suggestion for what it's worth, is to choose one meditation technique (after a suitable time spent researching your options), learn it from a good teacher and stick at it for at least a month. 10 minutes per session is fine to start with, or even less if the effects are too strong for you. It's ok, take the long view and be kind to yourself. Build up gradually if you are feeling a bit fragile.

You can keep a private journal to reflect on your experiences, or use the journal area here, but in any case if you feel tempted to change to, say, a breathing technique, you can mull it over first. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Edited by MuddyBoots
Grammar.

Everything is connected, but connections are only necessary from a fragmented point of view. What's the connection between two waves? The whole deep ocean which they are made of in the first place!

That “little voice” is Truth & Love, and some existing beliefs will surface. Best to feel the sensations and let them out, without thinking hijacking and weaving stories. If you are “stuck” on a particular thought:

Write down what arises, with as much brevity as you can, and then write the opposite perspective next to it. 

Take a minute to consider neither is right or wrong, or true, rather they are perspectives created. 

You can entertain either one. 

Also, check out the meditations in my link. They’re in a ‘typical’ (not for everyone) order. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

thank you so much for your response;im gonna try 5 min session tommorow in the morning with do nothing technique but in the morning  outside in the park with sun shining ,and not in my tiny room because it reminds me of me smoking weed here and feelin depressed .if the anxiety kicks in im gonna try mindfulness meditation then see what suits me in this period of time .

thank you so much peace and love .

@Nahm thanks man woow the link is very helpful and well explained

i ll start with the second meditation for tomorrow that's what my intuition tells me 

thanks . peace and love

Like a lot of people have said, don't expect to be "good" at meditating for the first while of doing it. You are not going to get many benefits for the first few months. But don't let that discourage you, it is because your subconscious mind is bringing your fears and anxieties to the surface. If you let them be after a while they will purge and you will feel incredible peace. But it takes a while. For me it was 4-5 months before I started to really enjoy it.

It might be less or it might be more for you.

If you get discouraged look at it like learning any other skill (Guitar, Cooking etc.) . You are not going to get good right away, but once you do it will be a fantastic feeling.

@Aggelos Doulgerakis YES you are right , i m  expecting nothing from meditation , its just that it made me confused because i was feeling normal , ut after 10 min meditation i was scared of what i don't know really ,last day i journaled  right after , and start contemplation the sense of fear i had and me crying at the end , the crying was me having empathy for my self , scared maybe to stay in the current situation im in if i failed another time  but its no sense because i finally found my life purpose i payed two years training online and practice in the studio and im starting in October , i made a bold change in my life , the transition phase was the hardest one , i literally lost everything , i think a huge part of my ego still didn't accept that , so it refuse to be still in the present moment ut rather want to distract my self , also i just felt high naturally when i opened my eyes , this sense of awareness of reality scared me , the different state of mind scared me , im a coward AHAH , but will definitely continue on this path because it brings out all my fears at the surface , i can FEEL them and finally let them GO . peace and love y all

@effy01 That's good to hear man. And you're not a coward by any means :) , it is really scary for many of us to get in touch with reality because we get so lost in our heads. You're not alone. Anyway, best of luck.