Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rasheed

Garlic and Onion

5 posts in this topic

Are garlic and onions healthy? Do you eat them? Why or why not? 

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Yes they are healthy but they are more medicine than regular food because they are nor fruit or vegetable but "herb". They are good with cooking but excess can lead to overstimulative to your nervous system and taxing on the organs and also quite lethal to the gut microbiome. This is why many times after heavy supplemtation of garlic/onion when one is sick one has to replenish gut with lots of yogurt and sauerkraut to rebuild gut flora.

I loaded up on garlic, onion and oregano when i became sick few years ago and it kicked the sickness away but i had to take probiotics to rebuild my gut because i was struggling to digest and absorb food after heavy loading of these herbs.

Use as medicine, they are quite strong for daily use.

Especially if you are on the spiritual path and value things like having a calm and centred mind and relaxed body.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

13 minutes ago, pluto said:

Yes they are healthy but they are more medicine than regular food because they are nor fruit or vegetable but "herb". They are good with cooking but excess can lead to overstimulative to your nervous system and taxing on the organs and also quite lethal to the gut microbiome. This is why many times after heavy supplemtation of garlic/onion when one is sick one has to replenish gut with lots of yogurt and sauerkraut to rebuild gut flora.

I loaded up on garlic, onion and oregano when i became sick few years ago and it kicked the sickness away but i had to take probiotics to rebuild my gut because i was struggling to digest and absorb food after heavy loading of these herbs.

Use as medicine, they are quite strong for daily use.

Especially if you are on the spiritual path and value things like having a calm and centred mind and relaxed body.

Thank you! Your information was very helpful! 

You explained everything wonderfully! I asked somep eople about this, they did not know anything about garlic, onions, they just told me that it leaves a bad smell...I am glad I asked this question, I will apply this information 100% I appreciate you!

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Garlic has an enzyme called alicin that is being formed when you chop it and let it sit. It is a powerful antiviral and antibacterial remedy. It helps to slow down cellular replication of some viruses and bacterial adhesion on the epithelium of things like urinary tract or digestive tract. 

Garlic also supports liver detoxification Phase I. However it contraindicates with a lot of medical drugs becomes it interacts with some of the P450 liver enzymes which is something to be cautious of if using things like statins or lots of painkillers 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus