randomguy123

Jaw surgery

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys odd question here, but im going to give it a shot anyway. 

In my sophomore year in high school I had a bike accident which broke one of the growth disks in my jaw, now almost eight years ago. One side continued to grow, making my jaw uneven and giving some mild form of constant pain in both jaw joint, which gets worse when I need to put more pressure during eating (e.g. eating low quality meat). Since I saw a threat on wisdom teeth affecting consciousness, I thought this wasnt that much of a long shot. Does anybody have an idea in which ways my consciousness would be impacted by operating on it. The operation would restore my jaw function, right now it clicks a little bit and I cant put much pressure and basically eat all my food on the other side of my mouth. 

Three notes; Synthographic analysis has shown that the growth center is basically dead on one side, suggesting the breaking of my growth disc on that side. It also affects me on a personal level as this misalignment causes me to have a broken smile, which looks kind of weird whenever I smile, which weighs in my confidence around girls, etc. Lastly, I feel like I would be able to maybe restore function of my jaw, lose the pain and get over my insecurities in the long run without an operation, but I dont see myself succeeding at that anytime soon. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Edited by randomguy123
added some stuff

@randomguy123 Hi there bud

It sounds to me like this is a serious medical situation..  in my opinion you should take care of yourself physically first.. from what I understood you are suffering from the pain..

i can only image it will get worse the longer you wait and then maybe cause more damadge..

your health is important and this look like is demaging your health.. take care of yourself please :) 

Even if you could get over the (potential) psychological and social repercussions of the malocclusion, uneven pressure on your TMJ's can (and will) cause chronic osteoarthritis and you could/will be up against chronic pain and discomfort for a long period of your life.  

I am not a human dentist or oral surgery, but based on the information you have given, it seems unlikely that any forms of physiotherapy or positive-mindset will be able to correct your malocclusion.  Essentially, one side of your mandible continues to grow and the other does not.

As stated before, you need to talk with an oral surgery/dentist/orthodontist and discuss the long-term repercussions and potential interventional treatment options.  I hope that is an option for you.