Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rufus

Future of Business, economy and making living, Where is it going really?

2 posts in this topic

Hello,
I have been contemplating this topic for the last few years:
Future of Business, economy and making living, Where is it going really?
and these are my main points and questions:

• We are overpopulated, markets are oversaturated, what will happen to the business as the population grows?
  • The wages are getting lower as we go along.
  • immigrants, cheap labor, internet freelancers from poor countries are seeking opportunities in higher developed countries which makes competition much difficult for people living in more developed countries.  (not belittling any nation, just stating facts that the world is changing so how we are gonna make it together)
  • Your craft no matter how good you are at it, someone somewhere on this planet is doing it cheaper or even better than you.
  • Competitions are getting ugly, massive corporates are getting larger, medium-sized corporates are getting smaller, smaller ones either perish very quickly or last under the mercy of investors, charity, and crowdfunding.
  • working at online freelance platforms are getting worse, freelancers fee percentages are getting smaller year by year, and the competition between freelancers is becoming unbearable.
  • Ideas are getting cheaper,  you think your idea is creative and unique? well, someone else you never heard of came up with a similar idea, let's hope that you copyrighted it first!
  • As creative ideas are becoming similar due to overpopulation and strong global connectivity, what will happen to copyrights?
  • is an education certificate will and still be necessary? can a master degree save someone from poverty?
  • As A.I is growing, and it's taking most of the jobs in the world, what will happen to those people?
  • Singularity, a matter of time and it's coming, what will happen to humans who need jobs to earn living?
  • With all the factors around, the worst economic collapse is highly probable soon,  how will an average human being survive financially?
  • Most of the population of the world are stage blue and below, how does this impact the economy? and if the population became green and above, how will this change the economy?
  • What will be the currency of the future? will people still believe in paper money? cryptocurrency? other forms of trading energies?
  • If the whole world is in debt, could debts, Credit cards, and loans be "The currency" for some time? is that okay?
  • What survival/business skills a human being will need to survive the future?

I'm not being pessimistic nor optimistic, and I'm not making conclusions, these are merely key points that I think is worth highlighting, I'm sure I missed many more.
I would love to hear Leo's views on this topic, I also appreciate we can share resources, books, videos that talks about this topic.

Thanks.

Edited by Rufus

Interesting topic. I think that spiral dynamics accounts for it pretty well? If not I would imagine that you could look at each moment in history as a sort of development of thought, thus if we look at how thats developed , or kind of graph it, we could predict? 

I think, personally, that humanity is going to evolve to a point were we are not working to survive, but rather to understand.  So, in going to work everyday, you are actually being creative, in the way that a poet is creative, but the society is so kind and BIG that everybody naturally associates with a niche that cohesively accomplishes all needs. But yea, if not, we are gonna get TRUMPED. 

Edited by Ariesleith