PretentiousHuman

Muscle Gain without Gym Supplements?

6 posts in this topic

I’ve been going to gym regularly and stopped taking Mass Gainer and Creatine because i have lactose intolerance due to my Crohn’s disease. I do running every other day. I’ve been consuming veggies and meat. I am also in intermittent Fasting for 12 hours window. I am also a nurse so my sleep is not 7 hours and up regularly. How to gain muscles? Thanks in advance. ???‍♂️

"Wake up."

-- God

@PretentiousHuman Besides the obvious which is putting a lot of mechanical stress on your muscles such as lifting weights, it also means increasing your body needs to be to be in constant state of positive nitrogen balance which means eating up to 2 grams of protein per gram of bodyweight so that there is always an available pool of amino acids in your blood. Whether you source this from plant or animal sources is up to you. But I am worried that if you start upping protein too much your Crohn's may flare up because protein is acidic and mostly pro-inflammatory. 

Are there foods that are giving you flareups or are particularly scratchy to the colon? How is your Crohn's right now? 

This is a personal opinion and I know you didn't ask but if it was me I'd do everything possible to get rid of the IBD before trying to put on muscle. And I mean getting rid not suppressing with corticosteroids. I would probably try to follow something like Dr Morse's raw protocol, I still hold him as one of the greatest healers in this world. ...but that's just a my biased opinion.  Purely for exploration purposes watch one of dr Morse's video on Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis, I think he had a few and see what you think :) Good luck !!

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Thanks for the insightful response Man. Major contributors for my flare ups are dairy, caffeine, i think pork, any fast foods, beer or alcohol? But recently my gut improves because i have avoided most of these foods. Except beer. Hehe. 

Adding the intermittent fasting also helped me maybe because of its benefits. My fitness also helped my Crohn’s disease. 

I would watch Dr. Morse more often then. Is this is his YouTube channel?

BE2FD72C-931E-46B4-829F-0F6BD1708BA4.png

"Wake up."

-- God

@PretentiousHuman yop that's the man. Now before you go ahead, I just have to warn you that a lot of what Robert says goes very very much against traditional medicine that you have been educated in during your nurse training. So keep an open mind when listening and as always question everything you hear :) .

I think that because he speaks from stage turquoise, people misunderstand a lot what he teaches especially when talking about "god" which refers to nonduality and not religion as many of his subscribers assume in comments. 

But I think that for chronic inflammatory conditions, cancers and autiummunity, this is the best way to go. Bet there are other efficient ways of course but it is not through immunosuppressants that's for sure. 

Are you based in US? 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

41 minutes ago, PretentiousHuman said:

Major contributors for my flare ups are dairy, caffeine, i think pork, any fast foods, beer or alcohol?

btw are you ok with most fibrous foods. Any particularly scratchy veggies? I assume fruits are ok? 

@Michael569 Im from Philippines ?? Man. I had Immunosuppressant before. But i am more on the natural side which i thick help me a lot. Meditation also helped together with consciousness. 

"Wake up."

-- God