VictorB02

What should I do?

4 posts in this topic

So I’ve been in a 2 month relationship with a girl I’ve known for 2 years. It was great at the beginning (of course) but now I’m questioning. She has what I would consider severe childhood trauma - depression, anxiety, etc. she breaks down a lot and is very neurotic. Of course I resort to trying to expose her to PD but of course it doesn’t work. Any advice? What should I do?

Also: I have recommended her a therapist but she denies and just won’t go

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

I learned a tip from David Deida that I think is quite useful. Assume that your woman will never change and always be the same, weigh the pros and cons of the relationship, if you can´t accept her for who she is RIGHT NOW, you should simply leave the relationship and never look back. 

If you do decide to stay in the relationship and love her for who she is, you might notice that she will more often make changes than if you try to force your will on her. She has to go to a therapist because she wants to, not because you want to. 

@Simon Håkansson thank you!

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,