Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EvilAngel

I want to set up a charity

3 posts in this topic

I had a dream a couple of months ago, and it was like a calling that I feel compelled to answer to. It was for a cause that exists on the opposite side of the world to where I live. The dream was very powerful and had an effect on me. I believe that we as humans are given signs and opportunities to make decisions in life. Sometimes these come in dreams which we have the choice to follow or ignore. 

I am seriously considering following this dream. If someone has relevant information or past experience in this domain, I would love to hear some advice/guidance. 

I don't know where to start. I have a small amount of money in the bank. 

I would like to make a difference to people's lives. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

@EvilAngel You could start by working/volunteering for an established charity, to learn how it works.

You cannot successfully start something which you have not studied from the inside.

Without first-hand experience of charities you do not even know whether it's the right thing for you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It really depends how big you want to go. A charity is a huge administration task and it’s usually very heavily regulated by governments. Another option is a foundation or a not-for-profit organisation that is much easier to set up but the donations you give to a foundation aren’t usually tax deductible. Another option is to just give the money directly to the cause but again it’s not tax deductible. I’d still check the laws in your country.

I have an opinion on everything :D