Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheAlchemist

On embracing the duality

3 posts in this topic

Maybe that's why we came down here. To experience the polarity, the doubts, the fears and the anxieties but also the happiness the relief and the love. Maybe that's actually a better way of being than a constant state of contentment and joy. Would a constant state of bliss and joy actually be that great? Maybe, but I lean on the side of it not being worth it. Maybe the ups and downs are more engaging and fulfilling than anything that can ever exist. Maybe there is some eternal state of bliss, but honestly that sounds pretty boring to me. There must be a reason why these (illusions of) polarities exist, maybe it's actually superior to experiencing and realizing a constant state of oneness. What if I can love the rollercoaster? What if I can love the downs as much as the ups? The ups and downs and the doubts and the suffering make life intense as fuck and I'm glad to be experiencing it!

Edited by TheAlchemist
Rewording to avoid misunderstandings of what I'm saying

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

@TheAlchemist God is itself.  It has nothing to do but to experience itself with itself.   That's what you are.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 For sure, but there is a difference between being purely aware of that state vs. being unaware of that state. The state of non-dual awareness vs. the state of being unaware of its presence. What I suggest is that we "chose" to become unaware for some reason, so maybe being unaware and experiencing the (illusion of) separateness is somehow important and useful.

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse