abrakamowse

Neuroscientists decode brain speech signals into written text

10 posts in this topic

I haven’t read it, but just be wary that it is only true within the paradigm of material science. 

Metalanguage doesn’t exist in the brain. 

Metalanguage doesn’t even exist in language itself - which is “symbolsic” 

its a symbol of a symbol, with no actual meaning. 

7 minutes ago, Aakash said:

I haven’t read it, but just be wary that it is only true within the paradigm of material science. 

Metalanguage doesn’t exist in the brain. 

Metalanguage doesn’t even exist in language itself - which is “symbolsic” 

its a symbol of a symbol, with no actual meaning. 

Maybe people with paralysis or similar problems can "learn" how to write using that software. It does not need to "translate" it into a language. You can learn what to think when you want a certain word to be written on the computer.

I know they have done it with games where you can move some elements with the mind or thoughts.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Though rudimentary, the system allowed patients to answer questions about the music they liked; how well they were feeling; whether their room was too hot or cold, or too bright or dark; and when they would like to be checked on again.

Despite the breakthrough, there are hurdles ahead. One challenge is to improve the software so it can translate brain signals into more varied speech on the fly. This will require algorithms trained on a huge amount of spoken language and corresponding brain signal data, which may vary from patient to patient.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@abrakamowse yeah it’s the same as psychotherapy relatively but with technology and a brain. 

If I had to reckon a guess, I’ve thought about this before. All neuronal actions is a result of synaptic action. When we humans scale models to nanograms we have to use intervals to create distinct marks. However realistically the physical body is so complex that it actually accounts for an Infinitesimal to infinity degrees of responses. Therefore it’s possible that physical symbols hold are marked in the neuronal memory. That would mean every letter of the alphabet has its own “neurotransmitter release pattern quantity” therefore with enough accurate technology and enough repition. It is possible to produce a string of letters with corresponding reactions. However they will find that it’s different patterns release quantity in everybody as with everything science. 

This mystical insight, if it were correct would explain everything about the body. 

The reason why this is true and I can say with about 50:50 validity. Is because this is exactly how addiction works 50:50 is me being modest to be humble. 

Edited by Aakash

@Aakash Interesting... maybe it is possible to create a kind of "morse code" for those kind of "mind readers"... if it can help people with physical problems it can be really helpful for them to be able to communicate. Imagine Richard Hawking with that technology, it would have helped him a lot... I just used him as an example because he used a computer to communicate with people.

@abrakamowse lol if this turns out to the true, there are SO MANY benefits that could come from this, it’s insane. If you could mind read, you could archetype everyone better. However, the limitation still lies with metaphysics not being located in physical reality. The only way language can be fixed is tailoring it to god. Everything needs to be tailored to god with mysticism, to put it in its correct place. 

That’s when you’ll see a golden age arrive in history. Just like the “enlightenment” in science in the late 1800s 

yeah eventually after enough trial and errors there will be a range of signals for each letter. And then you’d be able to put it into a correct sentence and use probability to work out the likely word for that sentence. Then the paragraph and then eventually the topic they’re referring too. But this would be like after 20 -50 years of trying this on countless humans . This will be done with AI because it can calculate probability to quantum computing like algorthms predicting what users want to buy. 

Edited by Aakash

@Aakash  Probably it will happen, but first the human race will need to become more conscious to be able to handle that kind of technology.

:)