Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andyjohnsonman

Sharing a meditation technique - Dyad Meditation

1 post in this topic

I have been doing this style of meditation over the last week with my friend. You set a meditation bell to go off every 5 minutes, close your eyes, start meditating together for 5 or 10 minutes and then ask your partner contemplation style questions which can be found below. Your partner answers these questions from a calm meditative state and you don't interrupt just listening without judgement, when the bell goes after 5 minutes you change and your partner asks you.

I find this practice very beneficial for feeling present as well as combining meditation with contemplation. I feel there isn't enough of this style of communication as many conversations tend to be soundbites with lots of interruption with people just focussing on what they have to say next. This practice reminds me times being around a fire with friends, or those times when you have a sleepover as a child and you get to talk about intimate things with another person. 

Here is a link to the site:

http://dyad.org/d04inst.htm

Has anyone else tried this style of meditation? I would be curious to know how you find it.