RickyBalboa

Contemplating the true power of absolute consciousness

7 posts in this topic

Hello all. This is my first post on the actualized forum. I've decided to finally take advantage of the forum since I don't get much of a chance to exchange ideas about topics concerning consciousness and non-duality in my day to day life. So without further ado..... I was wondering what many of you would have to say about the power of consciousness.

I'm currently reading The Cosmic Game by Stanislav Grof and there are an interesting few paragraphs in the chapter about the process of creation which seemed like good turf for discussion. My question is whether absolute consciousness is fully in charge of creation/reality in all of its features or a sort of alternative where only the basic parameters are set and the outcomes are unforeseeable even to God himself.  The book compares the latter idea to that of being the creator of a chess game. While the creator did imagine all the rules and limitations of the pieces within the game, can it truly be aware of every single possibility the game is capable of creating? Is there any room for uncertainty or surprises for divine consciousness? The possibility of each would have huge implications of the role of ones life. 

Edited by RickyBalboa
Redundancy and grammar fixes

God is fully omniscient and unlimited.

The trick is that God's Will is that individual beings exhibit their will. God's ultimate choice was that you make your own choices. Since you ARE God, you're creating reality as you go along with your choices.

God isn't merely aware of every possiblity of the game, God IS the whole shebang.

Knowledge, awareness, and being are ultimately one. Anything you experience, God is. When you get horny, that's God experiencing horniness. When you feel pain, that's God experiencing pain.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I could have guessed you'd lean toward the first school of thought. While It lends itself to the idea of true infinity I imagine many of the points of view from members on this forum will exist somewhere in between these two ideas. The two provide a good distinction from each other while both acknowledging god in a supremely creative capacity. I thought it would be a great entry question as it definitely gave me pause while reading it.    Unfortunately I don't have the direct experience to say I believe one or the other with any certainty beyond recognizing the ideas presented by you and other figures. Looking forward to others points of view! Thank you for creating actualized Leo!  

@RickyBalboa Unfortunately when it comes to understanding God, nothing but direct experience will work.

Channel your curiosity into contemplation and tripping.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I do and have been working my way up slowly over the years. However I've reached a place where its glaringly obvious that I need work on other mental barriers in my daily life. I feel I have to earn high level awakening experiences and I don't intend on going into them until I can master my worldly hang-ups. Purification work as you might call it hehe.  

6 minutes ago, RickyBalboa said:

I do and have been working my way up slowly over the years. However I've reached a place where its glaringly obvious that I need work on other mental barriers in my daily life. I feel I have to earn high level awakening experiences and I don't intend on going into them until I can master my worldly hang-ups. Purification work as you might call it hehe.  

Yes, work on your mental barriers, but don’t put a limited belief that you can’t have awakening experiences until you master your worldly hang-ups. You’ve already made your choice not to accept the Truth in doing so.

I’ve had plenty of awakening experiences while still having multiple “mental disabilities” by society’s standards. 

If I had to be completely honest, there's probably some fear of the unknown mixed in with my decision to not go all in.  That's not to say I don't have glimpses of divinity. But i'm still reserving room for all out ego destruction type of experiences.