Elzhi

Reprogramming Your Subconscious

5 posts in this topic

For all those of you who are familiar with the idea of reprogramming your own mind, what tools have you used in achieving this and what have you found to be the most effective? In my experience I've tried hypnosis, affirmations, EFT, positive thinking, etc. and I meditate daily which helps tremendously as well. Thoughts? Opinions?

Mind is not Real. 

I just dropped it. Entirely. Completely. 

That made A LOT of room for Grace to flow :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Visualisations (visualising your success), I heard of " planting" but Im not sure what it implies, you can look it up.

Leo mentioned the book "Psycho Cybernetics" in one of his videos, was a nice read. It talks about your nervous systems inability to make a difference between a real and a vividly imagined experience.
This means you can "reprogram" your self image trough re imagining your new self with. The key is to have as much detail as possible while visualising your new image. Apparently your self image can subconsciously hold you back even if you are actively trying to achieve something trough practice.
For example, if you are trying to learn an instrument and you manage to discipline yourself into practicing it every day, yet deep down you "know" you suck, then you will fail. 
The book recommends "meditating" on your new self image every day for 30 minutes... I hadn't done that, but I keep this mechanism in mind when trying out new things, it does seem to help.

:ph34r:

Very important to know is that the more emotion you put in to something the more it stick so if you just let go of everything bad that happen instantly without feeding those negative feelings and overreact when something good happen (or something go just as planned, those are the moments we usually just ignore) that's a great start.

Let's say you play golf and you do a really bad hit, don't get mad at it, it's simple but when you hit the ball you scream "FUCK YES!" and make some physical bodily motion and you will make sure that your subconscious seek to recreate that experience rather than the negative one.

Be careful to not run away from pain etc though, if you can drop it do so, if not face it head on.