Carson Ford

Stuck in my head and fear of breaking out

3 posts in this topic

Hi all. Anyone get stuck in there head with overthinking intention, body language when talking to people? Sometimes I feel like I can't stay in the moment and I almost get so centered in myself that I have no idea how to hold a conversation. I am not the only person who goes through this, as I have met someone who I can tell goes through the same. I know I need to meditate more like I was before when. I feel like sometimes Ive lost what I thought my purpose was. Why is hard for me to feel and just be without overthinking things and freaking out and being the creepy jerk in he crowd who just brushes everybody off because I dont know how to mold the energy. I need a reinvention. 

You could have some good amount of trauma energy stored in your body thus making consciousness primarily focused on your head and thoughts as a means to escape and distract yourself from the pain (tensions, blocks). 

Most of our traumas are relationship related, we often shut down and get overly cautious and anxious when dealing with people in order to protect ourself from an imaginary, almost expected attack. People with a history of abuse tend to develop lots of strategies to "read and feel" people (an empath is born) and escape from possible abuse, this makes you ungrounded, always on alert, trying to manipulate your way into being liked by other people. 

When i learned about social dynamics and body language it became like crack to my trauma-oriented mind, i developed a quite good skill in reading people and manipulate my way into making them like me, this made me anxious as i paid too much attention to all the details and often get distracted by their reactions instead of grounding myself on what i was saying. 

One possible solution to this is to just make the conversation about the other person, this also can be quite manipulative, but just be aware of it at first. Shut up and pay attention to what they are saying, try to be genuinely interested in their story, resist the urge to talk about yourself and how you are being perceived. Also, avoid casting judgment on what they are saying, try not to create debates or correct them on your mind. Treat it as a meditation practice. 

Deal with your thoughts and emotions beforehand. Imagine any situation you could be facing and find a solution how to deal with it before it actually happens. This way you’ll be prepared and will know what to do when it actually does happen. It takes practice as everything but it can help quite a lot.

I have an opinion on everything :D