Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ROOBIO

Effortless Non Duality

9 posts in this topic

When I am in deep meditation or practising concentration, I can see how the perceiver is illusory.  All distinctions between inside and outside collapse and it feels like all sensory experience is floating in no particular location or space, with no human perceiver to witness it.

The reason why I get to these states is that my mind becomes no mind. There are no thoughts that interpret reality, and as the thoughts are where your sense of self is rooted in, I die and become nothing, the earth ceases to exist and it feels like fucking heaven. I kinds of feels like you have the ability to fly like a bird. I just want to shout love love love!!!

But this only happens when I practice on my cushion. When this body starts moving and interacts with other people, my thoughts become more prominent, my feelings become more intense, and I end up back into separation, suffering and delusion. Any ideas of how to take the practice and bring it into everyday life?

Kriya yoga will make your awareness permanently non-dual. The problem that you get sucked back in is that you still have your ego elements still active in your head. You cant be "God" in front of others because you maybe are scared what people will say about you. Leo once said be ready to feel okey with feeling "weird" around other people, cause you will be labeled as such.

Mahadev

My advice would be that you should practice being still infinite while being with other beings who are deluded.

Mahadev

@inFlow

Cool. I haven't been practising kriya yoga. Just been doing more zen-like practices, contemplation etc. Will definitely look into it, thanks :). 

Yeah, it seems the easy part is reaching the non-dual states when you isolated and not moving that much. The difficult part is unwiring all your neurosis so when you interact with the world you don't have your ego filtering everything through your consciousness.

But then again, the ego is a part of the whole and must be loved. The ego is a just collection of certain sensations that arise in consciousness, which is a paradox that I am coming to grips with. There is no difference between your thoughts, your feelings and the sights you see. It is just "being" expressing itself in different forms. So when I do end up in delusion it actually is the exact same experience of when I am sitting on my meditation cushion. 

But it is hard to realise practice haha

Edited by ROOBIO

Yeah the self kinda still has the shadow elements stuck with it. By contemplating alot you will eventualy release them.

Kriya practice is very strong. In my experience comparing meditation with yoga is that meditation alone is really weak for a practice. Do it, but don't make it your main practice. You will gain way more spiritual growth if you spend 30mins on yoga rather than doing meditation. Invest time in learning Kriya Yoga, you will notice REAL growth in a couple of weeks copared to meditation. The body needs to move the kundalini energy from the core up. I dont know how exactly does it work, but it works wonders. You will see, just give more attention and focus into Kriya yoga, believe me its my one huge tip.

Tldr: You will get way more growth if you replace Meditation with Kriya yoga.

Mahadev

@inFlow Have you got any good places where i can start to research kriya yoga?

@ROOBIO Leo has a booklist, there you will find it. But if you havent bought it please do. There are some really good ones there even on meditation. The main book now I use on Kriya I is "J.C. Stevens Kriya Secrets Revealed". Its Yoga for begginers. A workbook with techniques, a good starting point which will grown into more powerful practices later. Just get the booklist and start doing yoga. You will thank yourself for making the decision to practice Kriya Yoga.

Mahadev

You already are God with "other people", you are just not conscious of it.