Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
QandC

A Mutual Realisation

2 posts in this topic

Today I was in an argument with a special person in my life, we are living together at the moment and we have gotten into many arguments. However, out of love, we always try to learn about why we argue to try to solve it for the next potential argument.

This time the argument lasted around 6 hours. The greatest realization we had together was that we both always try to make the other person submit. I have always been a person who try to have the "upper hand" in any social relationship with the purpose of making the other submit. Especially in romantic relationships because this is what I'm used to. However this time it is simply not possible because this person tries to do the exact same thing. In this fight we both gained awareness of what we were doing and from this a great sense of peace arose. I realized that perhaps my way of always trying to be dominant is not what is the best. I am not weak just because I show emotions/'weakness' and submit, not trying to protect my ego. It came to a point where this person also realized the main problem. Together we agreed that we should both work on this problem of our ego. Not trying to defend our own opinions and think they are the most true. They can be wrong and by letting them go it will leave a great peace as well.

Me and her are basically the same, and I think the greatest purpose of our relationship is to grow together, let go of the person we think we are and realize what actually is. I think relationships might be a great way for consciousness and enlightenment work. You get to analyze your "self" from another perspective. It hurts like crazy but wow are the realisations big and effective. 

- Enter your fear and you are free -

From my point of view it's just time to shift gears. 

Relationships got to develop. Nothing wrong with what you have been doing because you got to this point. 

Now it's time for a new chapter in yours relationship. As long as the other person is on the same page it should work out. 

That's just part of the art of a long-term relationship.