Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt8800

Practical Methods for Developing Psychic Abilities/Siddhis

1 post in this topic

I started researching esoteric traditions that work a lot with energy about a year ago. These include Qigong, Taoism, Tantra and the Occult. The reason why that I started pursuing this is because I feel that a sole emphasis on dissolving the ego and just being is an incomplete spiritual path. I believe that we must also evolve for eternity. To be and to evolve is a spiritual paradox that should be reconciled as we progress.

Many seekers would say that once the ego is dissolved, there is nothing left to evolve. I think this is a misunderstanding. Yoga talks of the Atman that remains and the Occult talks about the True Self. Once someone reaches enlightenment and the ego is gone, there is still something left that continues to be refined. That is the eternally evolving True Self.

After spending literally hundreds of hours researching different sources, I stumbled on a book that does a great job of explaining how to make the transition from a physical being to a powerful spiritual being that operates through a human animal body. The book is called The Magnum Opus A Step by Step Guide by John Kreiter. Magnum Opus is a term that the Occult uses to refer to the path to enlightenment.

In the book, it will cover how to concentrate the mind in a powerful way to do energy work and real magick. It also gives powerful techniques to draw in negative energy from the environment and turn it into positive chi energy along with how to build it up in your energy storage area (the Taoists call it the Tan Tien). It also explains how to use occult techniques to turn energetic injuries from this life and past lives into positive energy. The book explains how to build the subtle bodies. Once someone energizes and purifies the subtle bodies, telepathy, astral projection, premonition, etc start naturally happening. I have experienced these abilities myself (I do not want to discuss them however).

Most of these are techniques that gurus that have siddhis use but dont usually tell their followers. These techniques can give someone all the abilities of any guru and then some if one chooses.

If you seek to build siddhis, I would strongly encourage you to ask yourself what your motivation is. If you go this direction, it is very important that the ego stays dissolved. Psychic abilities and ego do not mix well and can cause problems. The best reason is simply for spiritual evolution and to help others in their path.