jconn96

Looking in the mirror can be very powerful.

2 posts in this topic

Has anyone here ever stood and stared with the most presence they could muster and just looked at their face in the mirror? 

Well I have, and something strange happened. It was like something snapped after a certain amount of time and my face stopped being MY face but just another object if that makes sense. It's like for a brief second I no longer identified with my own face and I immediately had some sort of ego panic attack backlash where I started freaking out and it felt like instead of being in my body I was actually the whole room or the air that filled the room if that makes sense (not exactly sure how to describe it). Had to run back to my room and engross myself in music or some YouTube videos to get myself out of the panic, I don't think it was a taste of enlightenment or seeing the ox because my ego was still very much there and very worried that this weird new feeling would be permanent, but it went away quickly. Hopefully next time something like this happens I can face it with a little less fear.

Anyone else experienced anything like this? 

@jconn96 I've experienced that too, but i havent paniced because I been there through meditation.

Next time stay more infront of the mirror, you won't become "insane" :D

This shows how much we identify with how we look.

If your face or body was drastically changed, you might not feel like yourself anymore :P

Edited by Pouya