StarStruck

Life after the life purpose course

4 posts in this topic

4 days ago I finished the course. It was definitely transformational. I’m happy I took the course. It definitely feels like I changed. Previously I would get bored of self help books very quickly. Now I can actually shred multiple chapters of a self help book within a short time so I’m happy about that part. There has also been some downsides of the last couple of day. I’m not able to keep up with my schedule. I’m always planning one week ahead and when it is morning it feels like time is slipping out of my hands. It is going so fast. I’m worried that if I go like this I’m not able to reach my month goal and not reach my life purpose at all. I want to become a programmer so I decided to put more hours into it but at the same time I have also other things to do. It feels like my being is not ready to juggle that many circus balls. I’m aware of setting expectations but this is purely a logistical and productivity problem. Any advice is appreciated. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

if your problem is the pace of the time and as it flies by, it makes you nervous, try to slow down your daily activity to bring back the awareness ( have you already watched the lifestyle minimalism by Actualized.org? ) 

a month ago, I decided to be a python programmer but you know I keep slacking off and sliding back and I'm gonna fix this problem ASAP.

you know, there are some times, that you see you have no control of time, there are two things here:

1- you don't have enough self-awareness, that's why time passes by so fast > you're doing everything by fast body language, multi-tasking, time killers  

2- you keep killing the time with extra activities like when you're watching the course related to programming you think to yourself why not check what's app or ...! 

these were techniques from my personal problems, hope they'd be fruitful for you.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

You sound young, stressed and rushed. Where is the enormous pressure coming from? Is it coming from guilting yourself or feeling a sense of needing to succeed?

54 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

I’m worried that if I go like this I’m not able to reach my month goal and not reach my life purpose at all. 

It sounds like you actually won't reach your monthly goal. Readjust now, there's no need to be dogmatic. If your mind frames this as a "failure", ask yourself, "why is readjusting to make my goal match reality - why is that a failure?".

Here's one perspective:

Notice how you have attached making your monthly goal to reaching your life purpose. These are not linked. One is a strategy - a fucking tool - to be used merely in service of obtaining the goal: your life purpose. If the tool no longer serves you, discard it. Always be flexible in your execution, and steadfast in your single vision of the finish line. I will promise you this - you will make many plans in life that will not work out. The plan is not the point - the destination is. Fail as many times as you need to.

Here's a second perspective:

You might die tomorrow. As wonderful and important as finding your life purpose is, shit might still happen and you might not make it. The fact that you genuinely want it is good and will ensure that you accomplish your purpose, given enough time and resources. But nothing is guaranteed. Don't let your mind parasitically control you. Your mind wants to obsess about the future, about some future goal. Paradoxically, this makes it harder for you to reach your goal. Let go, relax, and once you are truly calm and not afraid of "not making it" - only then should you return to your work.

Here's a third perspective:

Your intense stress and anxiety over not making it is coming from unresolved issues in your psyche. It's normal, but very unhealthy to work with such rabid obsession. If you're anything like me, the issue is you don't actually love yourself. Cast your mind back and visualize the memory of the first time your parents rejected you, or did something that basically said "You are unworthy, unlovable, garbage." Take 5 or 10 minutes, go deeply into this memory, and find your own rejected child still living in your subconscious. This is unpleasant, effortful, but effective self-therapy. Say what that poor unloved kid needs to hear. 

Doing this repeatedly - finding other memories and integrating them into your psyche - will help massively. Psychedelics are also a potent tool here. You will be effective, but relaxed. The intense need to get your goal will vanish with time, and be replaced with an easy excellence in your actions.

On 27-6-2019 at 7:31 PM, hamedsf said:

if your problem is the pace of the time and as it flies by, it makes you nervous, try to slow down your daily activity to bring back the awareness ( have you already watched the lifestyle minimalism by Actualized.org? ) 

a month ago, I decided to be a python programmer but you know I keep slacking off and sliding back and I'm gonna fix this problem ASAP.

you know, there are some times, that you see you have no control of time, there are two things here:

1- you don't have enough self-awareness, that's why time passes by so fast > you're doing everything by fast body language, multi-tasking, time killers  

2- you keep killing the time with extra activities like when you're watching the course related to programming you think to yourself why not check what's app or ...! 

these were techniques from my personal problems, hope they'd be fruitful for you.

That is good advice. Thanks a bunch. One technique is use is the following mindfulness technique: whenever I’m about to slack off I start to focus on my watch until I gain enough energy to continue my productive task at hand. 

On 27-6-2019 at 8:11 PM, Eric H said:

You sound young, stressed and rushed. Where is the enormous pressure coming from? Is it coming from guilting yourself or feeling a sense of needing to succeed?

It sounds like you actually won't reach your monthly goal. Readjust now, there's no need to be dogmatic. If your mind frames this as a "failure", ask yourself, "why is readjusting to make my goal match reality - why is that a failure?".

Here's one perspective:

Notice how you have attached making your monthly goal to reaching your life purpose. These are not linked. One is a strategy - a fucking tool - to be used merely in service of obtaining the goal: your life purpose. If the tool no longer serves you, discard it. Always be flexible in your execution, and steadfast in your single vision of the finish line. I will promise you this - you will make many plans in life that will not work out. The plan is not the point - the destination is. Fail as many times as you need to.

Here's a second perspective:

You might die tomorrow. As wonderful and important as finding your life purpose is, shit might still happen and you might not make it. The fact that you genuinely want it is good and will ensure that you accomplish your purpose, given enough time and resources. But nothing is guaranteed. Don't let your mind parasitically control you. Your mind wants to obsess about the future, about some future goal. Paradoxically, this makes it harder for you to reach your goal. Let go, relax, and once you are truly calm and not afraid of "not making it" - only then should you return to your work.

Here's a third perspective:

Your intense stress and anxiety over not making it is coming from unresolved issues in your psyche. It's normal, but very unhealthy to work with such rabid obsession. If you're anything like me, the issue is you don't actually love yourself. Cast your mind back and visualize the memory of the first time your parents rejected you, or did something that basically said "You are unworthy, unlovable, garbage." Take 5 or 10 minutes, go deeply into this memory, and find your own rejected child still living in your subconscious. This is unpleasant, effortful, but effective self-therapy. Say what that poor unloved kid needs to hear. 

Doing this repeatedly - finding other memories and integrating them into your psyche - will help massively. Psychedelics are also a potent tool here. You will be effective, but relaxed. The intense need to get your goal will vanish with time, and be replaced with an easy excellence in your actions.

That is gold. Thank you a lot. Last time I took magic truffles the exact thing you described about the rejected child surfaced. I wasn’t prepared for that but it is obviously a thing I need to work on, probably have to read some books on this and go to a therapist. 

In Tate we trust